Roof Repair-Could Any Brothers Give a Hand?

by bavman 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

Scully, the sign was not that bad, i think there were two letters gone, one on each side.

Funny thing, it was fixed within a few days, but not by me. It had been like that for over a year.

BTW, this same nut picked me up on a Saturday to take me to my first kwikbild. I had a tshirt on that had a Fender Stratocaster on it (I play guitar, subject of even more interesting threads . . .) He freaked, said i could not wear a shirt with worldly logo's on it. So we detoured to a locall store and I bought a frikkin plain tshirt. When we got to the qwikbuild I noticed immediately that the 3 sons of the most prominent elder in CNY (And head of the KwikBild commitee) had Heinekin, Van Halen, and NY Yankees tshirts on, I remember this distinctly because it screamed at me louder than the sign thing. . Then I noticed that I was just about the only one who actually had a tshirt on with no logo's of anysort. I felt like a maroon.

theres yer sign . .

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

BTW, this same nut picked me up on a Saturday to take me to my first kwikbild. I had a tshirt on that had a Fender Stratocaster on it (I play guitar, subject of even more interesting threads . . .) He freaked, said i could not wear a shirt with worldly logo's on it. So we detoured to a locall store and I bought a frikkin plain tshirt. When we got to the qwikbuild I noticed immediately that the 3 sons of the most prominent elder in CNY (And head of the KwikBild commitee) had Heinekin, Van Halen, and NY Yankees tshirts on, I remember this distinctly because it screamed at me louder than the sign thing. . Then I noticed that I was just about the only one who actually had a tshirt on with no logo's of anysort. I felt like a maroon.

theres yer sign . .

LOL I remember the quick build days! One prominent family in the area I lived had not only a construction company which employed many JW's but they were involved heavily with all the regional KH quick builds in the circuit. The whole family of men were all Elders and yet their kids had to buy "special" clothes to be able to work on the quick builds because all their clothing was littered (as one elder put it) with logos of some sort.

Too funny, I remember their Mom complaining about having to buy "special" clothing for the boys so they could go work in it......I reminded her it was a bit like her short skirts and short shorts that she couldn't wear to JWgatherings. I told her if you have worldly clothes and spiritual clothes you absolutely should know when to wear what! LOL

The nut doesn't fall to far from the tree........

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Locutus these are just great stories. Please when you get chance will you start a thread for these stories - I think they are really great

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit