Son pitched in Playoffs - won 6-4 ! only gave up 4 hits

by UnConfused 10 Replies latest social physical

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Thank goodness at the age of 10 we bucked the JW system and let my son play baseball.

His team is #5 and they just beat the #4 team. He's their pitching ace and gave up only 4 hits.

Next up the #1 Team in the conference which my son used to play for until he moved on to a private school. His team has lost to his old team 8 straight times....Winner is in Eastern State Finals.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Congrats to the both of you UnConfused!

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Wow! That's incredible. When I was a kid I begged until I cried to be allowed to play baseball. The answer was always, "you can play with the brothers". Unfortunately where I live hockey is religion and I'm not really a fan (heresay I know to my fellow Canucks), and NOBODY in my congregation wanted to play baseball. I'd go for hours and pitch against a school wall, or hit fly balls into the field and then spend forever rounding them up. I'm finally going to join a somewhat competitive league next season. Congrats to you and your son! Awesome!

FBF

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

That's great news Unconfused!!

BB

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

FBF - I hate to hear those stories. Sports can really be so good and they have been for our family. You may be interested to know that he hockey coach, a Canadian, plays pro baseball for YOUR Toronto Blue Jays.

NVR - does your son play any sports?

Thanks BB

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    NVR - does your son play any sports?

He wants to go out for football next year. He'll soon be 5'-10" and just turned 13. And a little stocky. Although, I'm a little concerned about the lasting effects of sports injuries on the teenage body. We'll see. Again, congrats to you and the kid!

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Unconfused

That is great that your son is playing sports, we just played a game tonight and my son pitched also. I have to laugh when I look around, see all the smiling faces and families spending time together. Makes you wonder how jw's can say it's bad to play sports .

I was one of the lucky ones who was raised a witness, but was able to play sports. My parents caught hell for it in the congregation, but they stuck it out for me.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Kerj - what age is your son? Is he on a LL team / or school team?

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

He is 11 and in LL!

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

What position does he play besides pitcher?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit