A comment my father in law made yesterday to me...

by roflcopter 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• roflcopter
    roflcopter

I talked with my father in law yesterday... He is very much a simple minded man, deeply fanatical about the religion.

He said to me "You do have to realize that it's the truth, you see the truth never changes like other religions"

I wanted to vomit in my mouth, but I just remained silent, no need to draw undue attention to myself, or about my true feelings. As far as anyones concerned I'm just inactive.

But i was on the tip of talking about many things that change, and if they change they say the light is getting brighter. Using that reasoning couldnt we say that the catholics church recent revelation that limbo doesnt exist means that the light is getting brighter for the catholics? Nah... that would be impossible to accept... after all they are demonic right

• eclipse
    eclipse
    "You do have to realize that it's the truth, you see the truth never changes like other religions"

I admire your lack of restraint in keeping quiet!

I would of bit my tongue so hard it probably would of bled.

This is the type of people that the Society wants - ignorant simpletons with no education.

No offence meant to your FIL.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The obedient Witness is simple minded. How often do they quote the Bible verse "Keep your eye simple", meaning to not let any distractions get in the way of 'loyal service' to Jehovah the organization?

So the loyal Witness is trained to forget or deeply bury their organization's past inconsistencies in their subconscious mind.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I want to vomit just reading the post!!!

How ever do you keep your cool???

nj

• siegswife
    siegswife

Simple Mind - A Contradiction

I'm tired of you...

and your simple mind

that doesn't think

and requires convoluted explanations

that defy all sense and reason...

and faith

You tire me...

with your long drawn out answers

that explain nothing

and create empty lifeless images

that defy reality and truth...

and faith

I hope you wake...

from your endless attempt

to complicate what's simple

with exhausting mental gymnastics

that defy love and life...

and faith

Lfh

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Wow siegswife! I love that. You wrote it?

Your FIL is a good little soldier.

Just like my father.

Know something?

The young JWs are waking up. Little by little.

The organization is losing it's grip. And they are frustrated and terrified.

Glad you made it out roflcopter!

• siegswife
    siegswife

Thanks.

I wrote that a few years ago (tweeked it a little since then) when I was debating JW's a beliefnet.

I started thinking how simple minded they can be (as opposed to keeping their eye simple) and how being simple minded can really get complicated and contradictory to the term "simple".

Like copters fil saying the WTS has the truth. Simple minded people have no problem calling something so full of lies and contradictions "truth" because they aren't able to look at the situation and see that when something contains "untruth" (in abundance at that) - the whole can't be labeled "true".

Calling it the truth is lying...to put it simply.

• blondie
    blondie

Truth in the philosophical sense or the WTS truth that has been blinking since 1879 (retroactive to 1874)?

The opposite of a correct statement is…
    The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.

— Niels Bohr

Truth doesn’t change…
    Truth doesn’t change because we want it to. …Truth, when we are fortunate enough to find it, is like bad-tasting medicine. It rarely comes as a pleasant surprise, because if it surprises us, it means we’ve been denying it for some time and have a lot of beliefs based on falsehood. It’s hard to give up those beliefs.

— Orson Scott Card

Abraham Lincoln:

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four; calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.
  • drew sagan
    drew sagan

Yeah, he totally thought he planted a 'seed of truth' with you. Right now he is telling all his JW buddies how he made you stop and think.

They fail to realize that good works do not prove that they are the best religion. It's a total misuse of Matthew 7:16

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    They fail to realize that good works do not prove that they are the best religion

What good works?! What happened?! I had a good nights sleep ....did I miss something? Door to door doesn't count as good works so whats up? Did they get the okay from mama to start helping out in the local food banks or something? Or are they allowed to do some really good works like - oh say - speak to their suicidal disfellowshipped family?...sammieswife...of the enquiring minds..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit