Why do they always drive buicks

by roflcopter 20 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82
    I wonder what the FREE GIFT is?

It's a keychain.

If I recall correctly, it has the "no blood" red-bag-with-a-line-through-it graphic that appears on the DPA / No Blood Card on one side, and the circuit leasing website on the other.

A CO once gave me one. He was pretty adamant about not letting "spiritually weak" publishers know about this leasing arrangement, as it might stumble some...

• undercover
    undercover

No wonder the COs had new cars - every two years wasn't it? Dang. What a perk.

Yea...but it's a Buick

• Warlock
    Warlock

Free cars AND green handsakes???????

Warlock

• juni
    juni

Thanks sir82.

Think I'll pass on the free gift. LOL

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

WOW! I never knew about the Schroeder connection! Thanks!

• Quandry
    Quandry

We bought a used C.O. car from Circuit Leasing some years back.You can request car color and seat color. We felt that we were helping the WTS by buying it, and that we would be assured that it had not been smoked in and that they would be honest.

They have key cities around the U.S. where you can go to pick up the cars, which in our case was a dealership. They had an office in the dealership that I guess they rented. They are a big business.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Jah's chariot is a buick

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Dang roflcopter,

Your in-laws must be "important" in that congregation. I am of fairly similar circumstances, but at the last CO visit he had promised to call on me then changed his mind after talking to the BOE's. His closing talked mentioned how the congregation should be wary of those who are inactive and have a "bad attitude". Yep that's me in a nutshell! I would have loved to have had a sit down to explain how an un-loving organization can be the cause of a bad attitude.

brzfst

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i thought the song went..........oh lord won't you buy me a mercades bens. i know the pastors at other churches have them. maybe god hates them and makes them drive buicks.

• knock knock
    knock knock

I wonder when Buick got the green(new)light arrangement. The bible clearly states that early on Plymouth was the chariot of choice as Adam & Eve were driven out of the Garden in a Fury.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit