X MS, Elders, COs., and DOs.....your thoughts?

by restrangled 29 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I wonder how it strikes you when you read of those facing or have faced one of your tribunals?

As X Men in charge, how do you feel reading the pain and panic here?

r.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Shame at what I have done in the past - who I df'd etc

• R.F.
    R.F.

I only reached MS, but I hate how much I used to beat others down in talks...."DO MORE, MORE, MORE!!!!!!"

• zack
    zack

Shame.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I never df'd anyone cause I don't have a dangling participle. But I did shun people before and I feel horrible about that.

• restrangled
    restrangled

StillaJwex...

Thats really sad! So that results in two victims based on the Society's bogus rules: The fellow that has to enforce their rules and the recipient.

Have you contacted the people involved with your decisions?

r.

• restrangled
    restrangled

So other responders, have you contacted those you now feel bad about? I think it could make a huge difference in peoples lives!

r.

• uninformed
    uninformed

I feel bad about having sat in judgement on my fellow men and women who basically were mostly good folks.

I did try hard to be kind and loving and never voted to disfellowship if a person wanted to stay in. In fact one of my questions was always, would you like to stay in the congregation and work through this thing?

If they said they wanted to I would try to influence the others to let them have a chance.

I always said that if they didn't really mean it, we would have an opportunity to disfellowship in the future if necessary.

I did get to disfellowship a horrible, PRESIDING OVERSEER PEDOPHILE. I am not ashamed of that one. At All.

Brant

• restrangled
    restrangled

Uninformed, you sound like a very likable/reasonable fellow.

Best regards,

r.

• metaspy
    metaspy

I was only an MS. I have always been a 'rules' man.
    if there was direction from the WTBS, I followed it.
    I was frustrated with those who did not, and who made excuses.
    I look back now and know that it was foolish.
    I try harder to be more accepting and forgiving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit