Blood - things the Society didn't ban?

by unique1 18 Replies latest jw friends

• unique1
    unique1

OK, Crumpets post on the Lid of Life thread got me thinking. When I was a kid and got a cut on my finger my mother would always tell me to suck it. Which meant I was sucking my own blood, which meant I was eating blood, which meant I was defiling God. Yet, she never thought of it that way. She NEVER would agree to have someone recycle her blood during a surgery or get one of those tubey things that takes the blood out for a minute or two before putting it back in but she would allow me to suck on my own blood.

I also had Jaw surgery and well I feel sure a lot of blood went down the ol throat then. Plus when you bite your tounge or lip no Witness grabs a towel immediately to catch all the blood so they don't "eat" it. WHen you lose a tooth as a child you swallow the blood.

Even as a child I always thought the double standard there was weird. But I was a good little witness and just went along with it. Any thoughts?

• unique1
    unique1

Ok, maybe I am the only one that found this odd, since it appears no one has anything to allow.

• davegod
    davegod

For one thing that is your blood. I have been gone for a long time, do you know how they feel about storing your own blood for surgery later?

• unique1
    unique1

Unless they have changed in the past year or so they are against storing your own blood for later. They say the route method (where they route blood from one place in your body to another while in surgery through a tube) is a conscience matter though, I think. It wasn't a conscience matter when I was a kid. It has been a while since I paid attention to all the changes.

• davegod
    davegod

Well, it sounds like you should go and slap your Momma! Making you eat blood, tisk, tisk. I'd slap mine but she died over the whole blood thing. I think about it now and wish I just told the doctors to go ahead.

• eclipse
    eclipse

I remember praying to jehoba for forgiveness for swallowing my own blood after my parent pulled out both my front teeth with pliers which weren't quite ready to come out.

I don't remember the pain of that experience, just the guilt.

My parent didnt make me feel guilty for the blood swallowing, it was my own 9 year old bible trained conscience brainwashed mind.

Sorry for grossing anyone out.

• unique1
    unique1

Sorry to hear about your mom Davegod.

Poor Eclipse. Did you never find it strange that your parents were cool with the tooth blood?

• eclipse
    eclipse

I dont know if they were even aware of the blood swallowing or not, I only remember being alone as the blood was flowing down my throat, and me crying & praying.

• unique1
    unique1

Awww, that is the saddest thing I have heard. (((((( Eclipse ))))))

I remember looking at my mom when she told me to suck my finger when I cut it waiting for the NO STOP. But nothing except Suck it before it drips on the carpet.

• zack
    zack

Yes, Unique1, you are going to hell for sucking on your little boo-boo as a child. So is your, Mom, by the way, because she was the ring leader.

The good news is, hell is terrific...bingo, good food, great views, non-judgmental people. And the best of all....No JW's. How could that be all bad?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit