The Bible Says that Jesus is God - Definately

by Sirona 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Sirona,

Nope. It is entirely possible for someone to believe that Jesus = God without believing in a trinity at all. Even the phrase "father, son and holy spirit" needn't mean a trinity since these three are not referred to as equal, from what I remember.

I don't doubt that possibility. I might do an eye-roll or two though. hehe.

Here's why: If you (not "you" specifically Sirona) can convince yourself that the Jesus is God, surely it's not that hard to accept the third occupant of the Holy House of 3 (I thought it was impolite to say "menage a trois"). On the other hand, if you have trouble accepting the third element, what stopped your critical inquiry and not question the selective scriptural citation to prove Jesus' Godship?

But like I said, it is up to us to choose our religious beliefs.

What I don't understand is why people insist that any argument made in favour of Jesus as God cannot be called a pro-Trinitarian argument. The Trinity doctrine is the product of centuries of insisting Jesus was and is God. Based upon what I've read about the history of this doctrine, the heated focus is not on Mary/Holy Spirit in relation to God, but on who JESUS is in relation to God the Father. The Trinity doctrine was developed to mandate that Jesus is God the Father (there are those who have a different way of wording this; but I prefer to avoid mental clutter).

The immortalization of the Trinity doctrine and the pariah treatment of Christians who reject it today are proofs that the Athanasians had beaten the Arians. To argue FOR the deification of Jesus is to put yourself in the Athanasian/Trinitarian camp.

I'm happy to hear someone say that they believe Jesus is God but that the Trinity doctrine doesn't make sense.

But my eyes roll on impulse...

INQ

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Exactly what AlanF posted. Go back and re read it. No need for me to repeat it. Those were my own thoughts on the topic.

The Bible is a Historical man made book. No wonder there are three camps when it comes to whether or not the Bible is a product from God or man. One camp of believer's, one camp of unbeliever's, and one camp of not certain, unsure. Hence this topic that uses the word " Definately" is shown to be " Not so definate."

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit