Anyone here have experience in Native American culture/worship?

by Angry_Kangaroo 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Edge, thanks for posting John's words; they are very beautiful.

I don't know about today's Indians, but my sense is that those who came before had no need of a book about God, for they had an intimate marrage with the present moment of nature and life. Whereas the western mind would rather read about a tree than actually sit silent and respectful with one and open to its secrets.

j

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

love the TEEPEE JamesThomas

I have posted this before.

TWO WOLVES One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?" The old Cherokee simply smiled and replied, "The one you feed."

• blondie
    blondie

golf2 might be able and/or willing to help you; try pming him.

Blondie

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I'm reading "Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee" Dee Brown. It's an Indian history of the american west. It's a heartbreaker about the systematic destruction of the American Indian during the second half of the nineteenth century.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit