Hi all, I've been lurking.........

by jibberish 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• dawg
    dawg

Way to go Jib, sounds like life is headed in the right direction now

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Welcome jibberish! What is the first thing you are going to do with your new life? Let us know!

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

hi jibberish!

Your story of how you got baptized sounds so much like mine! I was a little older than you were when an elder approached me and said, "hey, why don't you get baptized? You're doing everything you should be doing and fulfilling all the requirements". So I said, ok. Problem was, the only requirement I wasn't fulfilling was the most important one, BELIVING IT!

In any case, thank you for the first part of your story. Looking forward to the rest. Welcome!

jelcat

• delilah
    delilah
    She and my father pushed it saying "if Armagedon came and I wasn't baptised I could die because I was old enough to take my own stand before Jehovah now". Geez, if you put it that way (and scare me), guess I'd better get baptised. I didn't want God to kill me when Armageddon came

Welcome, Jibberish. Your story started off the same as mine. When I was 16 my mom said the same thing to me about getting baptized. I was scared to death of Jehovah killing me because I wasn't baptized....

I'm glad you have found this board, and I look forward to the 2nd installment of your story.

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

Hi Jibberish. Thanks for sharing your story and welcome to the board. I am going to PM you because your experience may help me relate to my own daughter.

Skeptic1914

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, and hope that writing your story has been theraputic for you!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Anyway before my divorce is finalized I meet this man (that seems to this day to be a blessing from God) I start to realize that my ex NEVER really did love me, he just used me. jibberish

Welcome to the board and freedom from the Borg.

For several year after leaving the cult and becoming one of those 'heathen' born agains I still had serious issues about their crazy divorce/remarriage doctrine.

Then one day God made it very clear to me that His death (that's right, Watchtower I found out about that LIE you spread about the Jesus/Michael connection, too) on the cross covers every sin any human could ever commit as long as we confess them to Him.

• integ
    integ

I appreciate your story, but I find it hard to believe, and kind of haughty of you to assume any man would go through all the efforts of courtship, and everything that goes with it, just so he could have the pleasure of finally getting in your pants. Damn; are you some super model or something? Even if you were, NO MAN is going to go thru all that JW courtship crap just so he could finally get some action.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Welcome to JWD jibberish!

Things are gonna get better!

You'll see.

• Purza
    Purza
    I asked my Mom point blank, "so you are saying if I stay with so and so you'll stay in town, and if I leave him then you'll not move and stay in town" "YES" she answered me. Can you believe that!!!??

Sadly, yes I can believe it. Sounds very familiar to me.

I am glad that you were able to find someone who truly loves you.

Welcome.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit