Racism within the borg

by icyestrm 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Soul
    Black Soul

Actually I've seen some brochures for Africa and Asia with African and Asian people that are usually with white people in west, but wtbs had many racist references through out their history regardless

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I grew up in Los Angeles. I have been in many congs. In white halls, the elders would make one "Welcome to My Kingdom" sheparding call and then never even ask for my FS time. No love toward me. My wife, is not a black woman. I am told she is very beautiful. The elders would ask my active wife how I was doing and how I should NOT miss a meeting because we are soooo close to the end. When they would see me, they would not even speak. Many would go the other way.

I went to a black hall in an area called the "Black Beverly Hills" in LA and it was the opposite. The friends were genuine, kind and loving. I was invited too many gatherings and parties. Most all gatherings were integrated. It was incredible. I HAD to become inactive so they would leave me alone about serving. The hall had 8 elders at the time, but the body was just loving toward me. I still miss that congregation. It was funny that the elders would miss meetings as well because of work. It was a legitimate excuse.

I am in a white hall again in a great area of my city. Back to being invisible. I used to miss months at a time, come too the hall and sit in the second row and comment 3 times at the WT. It is GREAT because so many people HATE it. They act as if I should be ashamed. I would only come to the TS to give a talk. I would memorize the talk and NEVER look down. I would leave directly after the song. This will upset any pioneer, elders wife and super-spiritual @$$H0%^ in the KH.

I have noticed MANY racial cliques in white halls. Of course, this is JUST MY OPINION.

My son is a teenager now. My wife had our cards moved to an intergated hall again.

Unfortunately, the body is seeking me out again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit