Regarding Psychic Phenomena.

by Blueblades 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

With the recent TV. show Ghost Hunters 7 hours long shown live and on the internet with Web Cams planted all over the place from East Pennslyvania Pentitentiary on Friday Evening from 8pm to 3am, there were many responses from all over the country about people seeing images, Ghosts etc. For those who watched it, was this real or is it a great hoax.

I read that when It comes with dealing with hard evidence of life after death it's been shown that there are three classes of people.

There are those that ridicule idea of anything beyond the grave.

Then there are those who have already accepted the evidence of continued existence beyond physical death.

The third group is often thrown offtrack when trying to get at the truth by the folks in the metaphysical camp.

Which group do you belong to and why? Thanks for sharing!

Blueblades

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear BlueBlades:

I probably would fit into the keep an open mind
    to the possibility group, but remain skeptical
    and think critically to debunk the hoaxes.

Yes, I personally think the paranormal exists.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    There are those that ridicule idea of anything beyond the grave.

Those are silly people! When I was just a child I learned that if one goes far enough beyond the grave, one arrives in China.

I like to tell myself that I keep an open mind to the possibilities all around me, and that my iron-clad skepticism and ability to think critically and analytically protects me from hoaxes, delusions and deceptions.

I am the heir to the throne of Russia.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear BlueBlades:

If the paranormal did NOT exist or the
    possibility of such, then there would be
    no need for institutions such as these.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

BlueBlades,

I'm not sure where I fit in. Part of me feels that souls that are not at rest for whatever reason hang around. I don't bother them and they don't bother me!!

Unfortunately none of us will know what happens after death, and no one has come back to tell me personally what happens. If someone tells me they have seen a spirt, I have to believe that they saw what they say they saw.

nj

• Clam
    Clam
    If someone tells me they have seen a spirit, I have to believe that they saw what they say they saw.

Surely not exnjjw? I've had so many experiences throughout my life that I do accept the evidence favouring the hypothesis of intelligent forces able to influence material objects, and to convey associated meaningful messages, both visual and aural. If I hadn't I wouldn't believe it; it's as simple as that. I don't take anyones word for anything: the Watchtower taught me a lesson there.

I belong to a physical mediumship circle where we sit every Tuesday night and more often than not experience what is commonly known as 'paranormal phenomena'. It has taken serious patience to get where we are today.

I'm not keen on the TV coverage of the paranormal. Almost inevitably there's always the temptation to sensationalise and exaggerate, in fact I'd guess that quite talented mediums ad lib or fabricate in an effort to keep the show on the rails so to speak. I don't really take any of this type of TV coverage seriously.

Clam

• Gregor
    Gregor

Mental Masturbation

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Well, you know I believe in it..........but I stayed up and watched the whole show.......what a waste of time.

They didnt do a good job at proving anything, because of the way they had the cameras set.

Ok, so big round ouija table is set up, when the whole table get shoved, the camera man doesnt show the whole table, he zooms in on someones face!!!

Another part, she throws marbles, one at a time down the hallway, and one comes back. The hallway was pitch black. So, the guy who has all the marbles in his pocket, goes to the other end by himself. Of course now when she throws the marble back, here comes another, and another and another..................yeah right! I could stand down there with a pocket full of marbles and throw them too!

• unique1
    unique1

I don't think that Psychic and Paranormal or Ghosts are the same thing.

I don't believe in Ghosts really but I do believe that people have extra sensory perception. Usually this is used on the living not the dead.

• DJK
    DJK

For me, seeing is believing. I'm not sure which group I could actually fit in. There is something strange about my granddaughter I intend to investigate.

Not to long ago my son told me she talks to someone she describes as a big man. Yet she is alone in a room. I just got off the phone with my ex-wife who just moved into a new apartment and she babysat this child for the first time in this apartment a few days ago. All of a sudden, my granddaughter said, "Grammy who is that little black boy?" My ex questioned her about it and learned she saw a little black boy go down the stairs into the cellar. Two new questions arise. How did a door obstructed by several boxs open, and how did this three year old child know it was a cellar door?

Last summer I took a picture of my granddaughter while my present wife was holding her. I had disregarded what happens in the picture because it is a digital camera and it was new to me at the time. It was a still shot, but my granddaughter starts out looking at my wife and then turns to face the camera. Her head is the only object that moves in the frame and there is clearly a ball being passed in the background that doesn't move in the still shot. I had been amused by this and always refered to my granddaughter as Linda Blair until now. Now I wonder what this phenomena might be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit