King North/King South

by pettygrudger 16 Replies latest jw friends

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I just read the post regarding Sundays' special meetings. I have a question & some statistics......
    It has been along times since I was a member of the JW's, so please, to refresh my memory - what was their understanding of this prophecy? Was America King of South (if I remember rightly) & Russia King of North? I know we were brought up believing these 2 super powers were gonna go at it....now it appears they are getting "new light" to make it look like Islamic nations pulled together in light of recent events? Or, are the Witnesses trying to cover their own blatent lack of truth due to the following statistics, and trying to cover up why they are so disregarded in such vast portions of the world:

Bangledesh: 1 JW in 1,308,732 people
    India: 1 JW in 45,457 people
    Libya: 1 JW in 416,070 people
    Pakistan: 1 JW in 245,487 people
    Mali: 1 JW in 56,931 people
    Egypt: None
    Suadi Arabia: None
    Sudan: None
    Syria: None
    Iran: None
    Iraq: None
    Libya: None
    Tajikistan: 1 JW in 22,209
    Turkey: 1 JW in 42,660

These are all Islamic/Arabic countries, and if you look at the JW statistics, these are also the countries that have the greatest difference in ratio between JW's/population.
    My point here is that even though these are heavily governed countries, to God that wouldn't matter would it? He'll find his people everywhere according to JW's, and everyone will have heard of his true organization & given a chance to follow him - right? So, basically by their own statistics, the JW's have no problem clearly defining the majority of Arab communities/islamic cultures as non existent in the eyes of God. And more interestingly, how many of you had ever considered the Islam/Muslim religions before recent events? Could the theory be raised that Islam is the true religion, and that Western civilizations are finally being introduced to it in a large scale fashion?

And where does this all fit in the prophecies regarding Kings of North/South & the disgusting thing?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think Father Naeblis will confirm that the "King of the North" is CANADA (near Spain).

The "disgusting thing" is the Brass Muzzle, worn invisbly by Christ since 1956.

• You Know
    You Know
    And where does this all fit in the prophecies regarding Kings of North/South & the disgusting thing?

The prophecy of the king of the north and the king of the south concludes saying that "no wicked ones at all will understand." You may therefore be assured that apostates are the last people on earth in a position to answer these questions for you correctly. / You Know

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

No wicked ones......good, then we're all in the same boat.

• metatron
    metatron

Excellent point, you know

I note that the Governing Body doesn't know who the heck
    the King of the North is - which neatly puts them among those
    who don't understand, doesn't it?

metatron

• logical
    logical

You Know

The situation now is EAST VS WEST.

Daniel talks of NORTH VS SOUTH.

Erm... am I missing something?

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

Why don't they just break it up into various divisions, like the NFL? Then various countries can duke it out...and have a evil govermental empire superbowl.

If the WT markets it properly they can make a ton of money with those big #1 foam fingers alone.

• You Know
    You Know
    I note that the Governing Body doesn't know who the heck
    the King of the North is - which neatly puts them among those
    who don't understand, doesn't it?

That's because we haven't entered into the Scripturally delineated period of the time of the end. Once we have, then, the book of Daniel becomes unsealed for those whom Jehovah choses to enlighten. At this point, while it can be fairly well reasoned out who the king of the north is, it suits Jehovah's purpose not to have the Watchtower publish it. When the lights suddenly get snuffed out it will become obvious why Jehovah has played it so close to the vest, as they say. Jehovah is the master at concealing his secrets. / You Know

• openminded
    openminded

yea but then we would all have to bring our own lunch to the game and stay late afterwards to clean up.

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

If they did it like Nascar races, you could not only bring your own food, but your own booze too....and they have people to clean up!!

I find it interesting that there are so many 'secrets' in the bible. If God really cared for all people and really wanted them to be saved, etc., he would not make it so difficult to understand him. Instead, the WTS set things up like it is a secret club. Jesus spoke simply and to the point. Too bad the WTS is not capable of following suit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit