Suggestion for GB to deal with current situation

by GermanXJW 13 Replies latest jw friends

• comment
    comment

I doubt the Society will ever drop its belief that Jehovah's Witnesses are the one true religion. That approach, especially in their minds, would be too fraught with hazards.

A more realistic thing to hope for is that they will continue to proclaim they have the one true religion, but *in practice* will permit members to carry on relatively normal lives.

This could unfold in terms along these lines:

Fewer meetings
    Less emphasis on field service
    Retaining disfellowshipping--but with no enforced shunning
    Gradually phasing out the blood doctrine and permitting free choice of medical treatment
    Making the celebration of birthdays and most holidays a "conscience matter"
    More emphasis on community involvement and personal development

And so on.

comment

• Grout
    Grout
    A more realistic thing to hope for is that they will continue to proclaim they have the one true religion, but *in practice* will permit members to carry on relatively normal lives.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened:
    * Higher education pretty much OK now
    * Blood fractions OK ... further loosening inevitable
    * Assemblies max three days long; in the olden times they were NINE days long
    * Continuous reductions in hour requirements for pioneering

etc. Sadly, though this is a wonderful opportunity to "come clean", that's something I don't expect to see until the current crop of gerontocrats are completely out of power.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello German JW,

very good points and well supported.

The point reamin as to the identity of the King of the North.

Lot of debate...the Bible is silent...no more speculations

besides..now with the UN affairs...it is rough time!!

Comment: "I doubt the Society will ever drop its belief that Jehovah's Witnesses are the one true religion. That approach, especially in their minds, would be too fraught with hazards.

A more realistic thing to hope for is that they will continue to proclaim they have the one true religion, but *in practice* will permit members to carry on relatively normal lives."

I'm more inclinde to think in a similar way. I do believe we are

not alone in this.

Eyebrow: "I can hear it now from the JWs who may have been around for a while, "see, we are being persecuted in the press because we are no part of the world...we really are the TRUE religion!"

Possibly ...the only excuse left. It won't explain the many and

many articles written in the last 50/70 years against

the "wild beast ..and its image - scarlet colored beast "

in very defaming, derogatory and abusive words, in public

and also in printed form and in many languages.

To Trilobite: "However, the decision was more likely a panic decision than a conscious choice. It could backfire very badly. If that happens there might be an opportunity for substantial reform."

I do agree with you...very bad indeed - for them -!
    As for the reform...I have great doubts.

To Bridgette: "I don't see them surviving as the world's populace gets ever more educated if they do not mainstream HARD and FAST. "

An aventuality...time will tell.

Greetings, James Charles MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• Makena1
    Makena1

MacHislopp wrote: It won't explain the many and

many articles written in the last 50/70 years against

the "wild beast ..and its image - scarlet colored beast "

in very defaming, derogatory and abusive words, in public

and also in printed form and in many languages

They would also have to revise the Rev Climax book and take out all the references to "the stinging locusts" and "wormwood" as finding fulfillment in the magazines, brochures and proclamations against the clery, governments and big business.

Have to admit - Used to love those pictures of arrows hitting the clergy in the rear end.

Makena,
    finding humor in other places these days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit