Another life wasted at 72 y/o ***BARF ALERT***

by reneeisorym 20 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

True, given the strictness and weirdness of this cult it will not be nice for this person to later realise that the JWs are wrong on many issues and get disfellowshipped and shunned, possibly as a teenager. It will then be hard to cope.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

When you divide 5,500 by 41 you get 134. So for every 134 people in attendance only one got Bapitized! Do I got that right? If so, that's very poor results for all those in attendance in that District in Montana.

Blueblades

• PEC
    PEC

How the hell can they baptize a 10 year old? Those dubs are nuts, you can't legally enter into a contract until you are 18. How a book publishing company hold someone to a contract entered into a age 10?

Philip

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I think the best part of this article is all the feedback at the bottom. It seems that the Governing Body is trying to portray JW's in a more positive light within the media, while tightening the noose behind the kingdom hall doors. I say this because of the outright lies and half truths JW apologists are spreading in these response columns and on other message boards.

It's nice to see some of the Watchtower skeletons brought out of the closet.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

One of the pro-JW's statements on that website is bugging me. The poster used the number of new KH's being built to prove "how fast they were growing." This is something I've noticed in my area.........local congregations are building new halls when they don't need them. I've suspected some kind of nasty motive, such as an attempt to manufacture a false sense of growth with a continual Hall building program.

Has anybody else seen this in their area?

• PEC
    PEC

Free labor and materals for building, automatic profit at the sale, they can make more on this one, than selling books and mags. Real estate is where the money is.

I hear they sold the Escondido, CA assembly hall for a $$$$$$$$ bundle. Now my sister has to drive to LA for her fix. Old news, I know; but, i am still smiling.

Philip

• R.F.
    R.F.

One of the pro-JW's statements on that website is bugging me. The poster used the number of new KH's being built to prove "how fast they were growing." This is something I've noticed in my area.........local congregations are building new halls when they don't need them. I've suspected some kind of nasty motive, such as an attempt to manufacture a false sense of growth with a continual Hall building program.

Has anybody else seen this in their area?

I've noticed this. There are quite a few areas close by that want to build when they don't even need it. Actually, just in my circuit alone there are about 4 congregations about to shut down because of the dwindling amount of publishers, and I know of many other areas that this is occuring. So overall, there really is no growth. Its like a company with store closings in the slow areas and stores being thrown up in the more business friendly areas.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I suspect the push to build kingdom halls is just to add to their real estate empire. They have virtual control over the ownership of these properties, so why not take advantage of the free labor to add to their coffers?

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Bump.

Anybody else want to jump on this article and leave a comment?

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

All of that talk about lies got the best of me. None of the opposers said anything that wasn't true. I bet they didn't even read it. Of course this is nothing new.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit