Give us your explanation of what personally drew you to the JWS.

by Brain Dead 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome Brain Dead,

A while ago I started a thread on this very topic, trying to elicit answers different that "I was born in, I didn't have the choice". Reasons (instead of excuses) for joining, that we could still somehow own to as xJWs.

Unfortunately my "topic history" is not available for now. When I can get the link I'll post it.

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

Thanks Nark. look forward to it

• Highlander
  • ninja
    ninja

Ever since I was little I have had a belief in a supreme being....just something inside....tried to read the bible and couldn't understand it...parents weren't religious in the least.....when some folk I knew got some JW books and said they were interesting ...my interest was piqued...(UH OH) and I read them...tbh it stopped my drug habit I had gotten...so I really did think God was with them.....my belief in a supreme being is still there but my belief in his "representatives" however is not....now I'm back at square one....puzzled ninja

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

Excellent post,....... good reading material gang, must read it through

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    my belief in a supreme being is still there but my belief in his "representatives" however is not..

I for one believe in ninja. That's enough for me.

• ninja
    ninja

nvr...you are a good man....sober ninja....he he

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    you are a good man

You as well ninja. Keep fightin' the fight!

"Will the fight for sanity be the fight of our lives? Now that we've lost all the reasons that we thought that we had." - Lyrics from the song The Gash by The Flaming Lips on the CD The Soft Bulletin

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Thanks Highlander, that's the one.

(For some reason I kept getting an error message when trying to access my topic history.)

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

Ya, I'd have to go with what Ninja said, I too once had a strong belief in god, but some how lost it due to the JWS.

Strange isn't it that religion can have that kind of effect on people

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit