A question for Elders or MS currently on the inside

by loosie 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loosie
    loosie

I sent some info about the lawsuit settlements to a friend who still goes to the meetings. She said that years ago the abuse incidents were not reported to the authorities, but now they are reported to the authorities.

Is that true? Did the organization change their reporting policy?

Her response to me was strange. It wasn't worded like she would word something. It took her 5 days to respond to my email. I think she had check with her hubby who used to be an elder on how to respond back to me.

• QUEEN_BITCH_JACQUELINE
    QUEEN_BITCH_JACQUELINE

That is all true.

Since there have been SO many coming forward with abuse charges the elders essentially are telling the victims to contact the proper authorities. ( or at least that is what they are SUPPOSE to be doing..)

The "situation" in question will now be handled by the legal system and the elders are NOT to handle these matters anymore.

So , the 'two witness' rule, has been thrown out when it comes to abuse charges.

Queen_of_whores

Jacqueline

• loosie
    loosie

When did this change take place?

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

The ruling about reporting was made shortly after an unfavorable showing of the problem on TV (via Dateline, 20/20 or 60 Minutes, not sure which one)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

This is true.

But they don't do so because they are good.

They do so because it is the law.

Once again, the Legal Department tells Jehovah and Jesus and the Holy Spirit what to do.

And they'd better listen, or they're gettin' downsized like all the other less-than-cooperative folks who were "reassigned".

• loosie
    loosie

Ok so they dateline showing was about 3 years ago, correct?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

queen_bitch_Jaqueline ... seems like you are also "queen_of_the_whores"

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/135148/2406588/post.ashx#2406588

lost your p/w for qotw?

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I remember last year my mother telling me a story about the change. My mother's claim to fame about the "change" in the rules was that last year a new JW husband was reported to the cops for molesting his step kids. From what I understand the new wifey found out when her oldest guy said something a littler disturbing and she looked into the matter further. She told the elders who immediately got the cops involved. He pleaded guilty AND THEN HE WAS DISFELLOWSHIPPED. I still go the impression that if he had not entered a guilty plea that they would not have disfellowshipped him because of the 2 witness rule. But to my mother it showed that the WTBTS had started to change their policy about how things are handled and once again "jah took care of it in proper time".

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, they only report them in the states (or other political entities) where it is required by secular law. The mantra the elders were told at the elders school was

CALL LEGAL!

CALL LEGAL!

CALL LEGAL!

Before doing anything. Legal will tell them if they are required by law. If not, they don't report unless some individual elder takes does so based on his personal feelings...probably will not be an elder for long though. They tend to hide behind any clergy-penitent laws that are still on the books.

Blondie

• 5go
    5go
    clergy-penitent laws

I know it been brought up so i won't repeat it, not!

What clergy ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit