What injustice and abuse of power did you suffer at hand of elders?

by flipper 27 Replies latest jw friends

• zack
    zack

These arre men installed by an evil system. What kind of outcome could you expect?

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

Yes there was one elder lets call him Homer that I recall. He had two hairs on his head and he of course was the guy that watched all the men in the congregation to make

sure they had no hair covering their ears, I got called to the back of the hall by him once for having a whole half inch covering my ears, he said it was

conducting unbecoming of a Christian and I was not allowed to give talks anymore or go out in service....my father was so ashamed of this he wouldn't speak to me for a week or more.

Funny thinking about it now I remember a picture in a WT that had Jesus sitting on a rock talking to people and he had a full beard and long hair past his shoulders and wondered this

is very strange. Yes there were allot of Homer Simpsons in my hall come to think of it, dumb, hypocritical, alcoholic and allot with no brains

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Flipper:

I can't say I personally suffered an injustice at the hands of any elder, unless I consider incompetence, arrogance and/or lack of attention to be an injustice.

Crooked Lumpy Vessel:

You are right about the double standard for "pretty" bodies versus "ugly" bodies. Attractive women have a problem of being persecuted and always having to be twice as vigilant about dressing "modest". They have problems from both sexes: other jealous women and over-righteous elders. But, I tend to think that behind every over-righteous elder giving "counsel" is a nagging, jealous woman urging him to say something.

LHG

• lesterd
    lesterd

Oh man!!! All of it. When I was sent to prison for the truth I was looked down by the elders cause I didnt desert my job that supported my pioneer wife, and pioneer myself to avoid the draft, there was even a talk given about those who stood up to the courts and government to proclaim our Christian Neutrality as not being loyal, but when a compromise by the government of working in hospitals instead of servining in the military, those brother who were sentence to hospital duty were good Jws. There were personal elder vindetta's if thier presious repretations were besmerched by what they did wrong or taught.

They went by the WT I went by the Bible, I was always in trouble with them, but their mouths were always shut at the end of every Judicial meeting, they were sure glad to see me leave.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Howdy Flipper,

For me, it was removal of privileges w/o ever talking to me about "the problem." This was confirmed years later by an elder friend who was present at a BOE meeting where I was being discussed. More recently, more of the same, but in that period, not being called on when I raised my hand. Not once was an explanation offered nor help given to this wayward son of a rebellious slave girl. Information on me was ALWAYS gathered from fellow JWs by a few elders, but never from me.
    After one year of no meetings and one-and-a-half year's inactivity, there have been no calls by elders or the CO to see what is wrong. I have a hunch - cannot prove it - why they are not checking on me. I believe that they wish to leave me in peace because of personal tragedy I suffered on another matter. Some of the elder body are truly good and kind-hearted men. And my active JW family are large and very supportive of me.
    The above is hardly the worst, compared to what others have just described. But it certainly had its impact on me. Quitting the meetings - after 40 years - has contributed to incredible peace of mind and contentment for me.

Welcome, Flipper!

CoCo

• Gregor
    Gregor

Quitting the meetings - after 40 years - has contributed to incredible peace of mind and contentment for me.

Warm regards to you, CoCo. You are a brother.

• Open mind
    Open mind

If I wanted to remain "exemplary" as a young, butt-kissing, Regular Pioneer, MS I would refrain from going through with the purchase of a TWO-DOOR CAR!!!!

Another state, another decade. The dubs where I live now are much more laid back, but still dubs.

Open Mind

(of the, scarred-for-life not having a two-door, class)

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks ya all for your thoughts. We all appreciate it. Zack- So right, the system is evil they operate by. Long Hair Gal- Yes, they are arrogantly incompetent. And I agree the elders mistreat women. It's a patriarchal type religion which is a chauvinists dream. Lestard- So sorry you sacrificed your freedom for these elders, who, right you are, are only concerned about their precious reputations. They didn't like me either, I voiced my opinion too much and stood up for what was right, in spite of them. Peace my friend. Compound- It's so true the elders gather up info on us in a secret manner to get dirt on us. They have'nt checked in a year and a half on you?? Consider yourself lucky, after 4 years of trying to fade quietly, they intruded on my life accusing me of circumstancial fornication. If they think you are doing something wrong compound, they'll be right on your butt. So fade quietly. SSHH!! Even then it's a maybe proposition they won't notice you. Sorry about your personal tragedy. If you'd like to tell Mrs. Flipper and I about it you have our personal e-mail on jwd. May you have peace my friend. Gregor- Quitting the meetings is like a breath of fresh air. I agree. Open Mind- Yes, I was never the butt kissing type either. I was too much an independent thinker too. Anyway if you had a two door car when out in service at least all those cheap ass publishers who didn't want to pay for gas could'nt abuse you if you didn't have a four door car. Their was a method to my madness.Peace to al of ya, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit