Is there a big "push" going on right now?

by robhic 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

True they always exert intense psychological pressure on their members to go out and preach let's recall that those who don't will get castigated by the elders, labelled by the brotherhood as weak or inactive and get marginalised. For a good measure of intimidation they threw in the idea that those not preaching will be guilty of the blood of those that will die at armageddon. The classic manipulative move.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Not to mention that there is a trend toward viewing those who hold back, even subconsciously, as murderers. You don't push the gas pedal quite hard enough, you are slightly slower and thus could have got to one more door. The people behind that door, you have murdered. If you go the speed limit or somewhere near it, you could have done 160 or more MPH (in the city), and got many more people that you now murdered. You run to a door; if you could have ran just a bit faster, you could have reached one more door.

The hours are also a lot longer for this reason. If someone doesn't rush to be out at 5:30 in the morning for street work, they are murdering whoever they supposedly could have reached (the one time I was around at that hour, there were no people out anyways. Try telling that to the robots.) If they go in at a decent hour, they could have sacrificed that 4 or 5 hours of sleep, thus making them guilty of murder. Children who have to get that almighty homework assignment done are also guilty of murder, as is the toddler that can't stay out for more than an hour or two at a time without a nap. All murderers, since they could and should have reached more people.

Also at issue is what you say. You have to speak as fast as possible, without being unintelligible. You have to say the exact right words, so you have the maximum impact possible. Placements have gotten simpler so they can get more people. A door a minute (or faster) is the goal nowadays, and there has to be a placement at each and every door. Doing street work, you have to be continuously handing out tracts and magazines at record breaking speeds or you could have progressed further and will be guilty of murdering those you do not reach. (Plus it's "stealing the word of Jehovah" if you could have reached more). And if you take no for an answer where the person could have responded to different wording, you have murdered that person.

Expect even more along those lines next year when the Kool-Aid edition of the Watchtower comes out in 2008. Hopefully Blondie will continue to get her copy to review and post the reviews on this forum, so everyone will have the chance to see the actual events as they happen.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

IT'S THE SAME OLD PUSH . get jw's out there in the spring when the weather is nice. i watch jw's and they do next to nothing in fs. i sat for an hour in my car just watching about 20 jw's cover less than 2 blocks about 40 houses. most of them just stood on the corner. talking to each other. they wanted to talk to NOBODY . THE STREET WORK IS A JOKE i watch jw's walking down busy avenues. with a tract or wt rolled up in their hands and never offer it to one of dozens of passerbyers. but they are counting TIME. i catch this real old jw almost every day standing in the hot sun alone. sweating in his suit at a gas station from like 8-12 noon he never even goes up to the gas pumps, to talk to anyone. he just stands there on this dead corner of the gas station. with a wt in his hand. there is no walking traffic were he stands./ only cars wizzing bye. i used to stop and talk to him. but many times he told me he was too busy. so i asked him busy doing what? ALL THE PEOPLE ARE AT THE GAS PUMPS your standing here preaching to no one. he told me he was giving a witness for jehovah by holding up a wt mag to the passing traffic.!!!!!!!!!!!! i truely feel sorry for the man. but i know he gets in lots of hours smelling car fumes. john

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Johnny - I thought the same thing ... summer push. However, other then the two guys just standing there holding their magz up for people to see, the women on Kinzie and LaSalle were actually approaching people. But their words were too much like a few of our homeless here "do you have a minute, can I ask you a question" as they walk along with you. That is why we all have ipods and listen to music on our walk into work, so we can just pretend like we don't hear them.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    That is why we all have ipods and listen to music on our walk into work, so we can just pretend like we don't hear them.

Ah hah! I knew it! Satan developed ipods to prevent people from hearing the good news!

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

There always is a big push with regarding j-dubs and service work and that is their marketing strategy. To gather more slaves for the masters is a very big part of remaining in good

standing. There is a practice of recycling the end times doctrines and I'll say it again it is their marketing strategy. The possibility of gaining more power from the general public is very

enticing to the elders in the congregation and to keep the money flowing up to the publishing houses

• robhic
    robhic

Blondie asks:

BTW how far away was the convention site from you.

I didn't look that closely. I just saw "District Convention" on the cover and politely told him I didn't think I'd be going.

The woman I used to be involved with who joined the JWs used to go to conventions at 2 different places. One was a meeting hall (?) at a local college and it is about 50 miles away.

The other was the Gulf Coast Coliseum in Biloxi, MS. That one is more like 80+ miles away but since the hurricane in 2005 I don't know what kind of shape the coliseum is in.

So I guess the short answer is "I don't know."

Oh, yeah HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BLONDIE!

(I noticed it right as I finished reading your post.)

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

looking glass; i know it's like they are begging for a cup of coffee or money to buy booze, crack, etc. the problem with the jw's you meet every day . is they haven't met any strong apostates. to make them eat every word they spout. you have to stop and expose them for the false teacher they are. try stopping when the jw are talking to some other passerbyer. and ask the jw's to tell this person about some of their false prophecies etc. and press them infront of someone that may not know better. it only takes a few minutes. you will make the jw backpeddle. and maybe save a few people. after you do this for a while the jw's will run when they see you walking down the street. you have now controled the street. at your time of walking down it. you can do alot in 2 minutes. scaring your fellow citizens about the wt good luck. john

• garybuss
    garybuss

The branch has been running things (sort of) since 2000. Now the new generation of governors are getting their ideas, programs, and promotions in use. We aren't seeing a new push, we're seeing somebody under 90 years old making decisions and putting some energy into the job.

It's working, so expect more of the same.

• sf
    sf
    the problem with the jw's you meet every day . is they haven't met any strong apostates. to make them eat every word they spout. you have to stop and expose them for the false teacher they are. try stopping when the jw are talking to some other passerbyer. and ask the jw's to tell this person about some of their false prophecies etc. and press them infront of someone that may not know better. it only takes a few minutes. you will make the jw backpeddle. and maybe save a few people. after you do this for a while the jw's will run when they see you walking down the street.

Ah yes, this type of victory is very sweet to taste.

Great advice my friend!

THE WATCHTOWER IS ONLY AS POWER-FULL AS {YOU} MAKE/ ALLOW IT TO BE. BY ANY MEANS.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit