by Gayle 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Gayle
    Gayle

(On globeandmail.com - google)

IN BRIEF

Sextuplet parents lose appeal

Staff

June 2, 2007

Vancouver -- - The parents of sextuplets born in Vancouver in January have lost an application for leave to appeal a decision that blocks them from cross-examining doctors on why blood transfusions were given to four of the surviving babies.

The parents, who are devout Jehovah's Witnesses, turned to the B.C. Court of Appeal after the Supreme Court ruled that doctors from B.C. Women's Hospital & Health Centre could provide evidence through affidavits, without appearing for cross- examination.

Shane Brady, the parents' lawyer, had argued in the Court of Appeal that being able to cross-examine the doctors was a matter of fundamental justice.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Cha-ching, take that Shane Brady!!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Yes, children will not be allowed to die for te silly ideas of the misguided. It's a good day.

• Scully
    Scully

Interesting how the JWs / WTS expect NO ONE, not even the highest court in the Province, to question their religion-misled improperly informed decisions that pose a threat to their children's lives, and yet they expect to have the right to question anyone who does everything they can to save the lives of these children.

To Shane Brady, David Gnam, Glen How and all the other bozos in the WTS Canadian Branch Legal Department circus act:

Get it through your thick skulls, you Nimrods: The Justice System in the free world says that the minor child's Constitutional Right to LIFE trumps any adult's Freedom of Worship. Quit wasting your followers' Voluntary Donations™ on lawsuits that you bring forward that are intended to DENY CHILDREN THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.

"Shear off the uncut hair and throw [it] away, and upon the bare hills raise a dirge, for Jehovah has rejected and will desert the generation with which he is furious. 'For the sons of Judah have done what is bad in my eyes,' is the utterance of Jehovah. 'They have set their disgusting things in the house upon which my name has been called, in order to defile it. And they have built the high places of To'pheth, which is in the valley of the sons of Hin'nom, on order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, a thing that I had not commanded and that had not come up into my heart.'" ~ Jeremiah 7:29-31

'Hear the word of Jehovah, O YOU kings of Judah and YOU inhabitants of Jerusalem. This is what Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel, has said:

"Here I am bringing calamity upon this place, of which when anyone hears, his ears will tingle, for the reason that they have left me and have proceeded to make this place unrecognizable and to make sacrificial smoke in it to other gods whom they had not known, they and their forefathers and the kings of Judah; and they have filled this place with the blood of the innocent ones. And they built the high places of the Ba'al in order to burn their sons in the fire as whole burnt offerings to the Ba'al, something I had not commanded or spoken of, and that had not come up into my heart."' ~ Jeremiah 19:3-5

• Honesty
    Honesty

To Shane Brady, David Gnam, Glen How and all the other bozos in the WTS Canadian Branch Legal Department circus act and to the flim flam artists in Walkill (yes, Philip Brumley, that includes you):

How many more children are you going to murder as you defend the unscriptural doctrines of the Watchtower Society?

• Gopher
    Gopher

So the JW parents lost their appeal?

I guess it must be Jehovah's will! C'est la vie.

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

Great news, looks like Shane Brady just got kicked in the groin, common sense won this time, the J-dubs seem to be going on a losing streak now regarding this matter lets hope

it continues

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks that is encouraging for me!!!!! Glad your on top of it XX

• Gill
    Gill

Thank God for human justice!!

Imagine the pain of these parents if in another ten years the Watchtower Society removed its ban on blood transfusions. If the medical and legal system had not stepped in they may have lost all of their children for nothing.

As it is, the parents are suffering the temporary pain of having their children temporarily taken from their custody to have their lives saved.

One day, should these children all survive the trials still ahead of them, these same parents may well feel ashamed that they tried to deny their own flesh and blood the right to life to satisfy the hunger for sacrifice and blind obedience from a power hungry printing company!

Well done Justice!

Shame on you Shane Brady and The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society!

They are the modern day antitypical Marduks and Baals!

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder
    Get it through your thick skulls, you Nimrods: The Justice System in the free world says that the minor child's Constitutional Right to LIFE trumps any adult's Freedom of Worship. Quit wasting your followers' Voluntary Donations™ on lawsuits that you bring forward that are intended to DENY CHILDREN THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.

Well said.

FBF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit