How the Watchtower Society feels about examination of beliefs.

by Lady Liberty 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hello all,

I found these quotes from Shauns Research to be quite interesting since most if not ALL who do just as they suggest in their publications become labeled apostates lacking faith in God.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

http://www.jwfiles.com/outline.htm

Research Outline on the Society

How the Watchtower Society feels about examination of beliefs.

1. The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life 1968, pg 13 We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization...
    2. Wt, 3/15/1969, pg 166, We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization......
    3. Is This Life All There Is?, 1974, pg 46, ...really, would you want to be associated with a religion that has not been honest with you?
    4. Aw, 10/22/1973, pg 6, Reasonable persons agree that the only fair method is to examine the evidence on both sides, both for and against a disputed theory. That is how one arrives at the truth.
    5. Wt, 8/1/1978, pg 12, ...different churches have published books and brochures for the purpose of “exposing” Jehovah’s Witnesses as heretics....calling another a “heretic” or “false prophet”...Naturally, we are not afraid of this kind of publicity, because we know that it serves to awaken the curiosity of many honest persons.
    6. Wt, 6/15/1985, pg 12, ...for the purpose of getting the full depth of the thoughts explained...It requires digging deeper, putting forth effort to locate that older publication and then studying the pages...
  • choosing life
    choosing life

After baptism, examining is done and over. They answered your questions once and don't dare to ask further. You were supposed to figure everything out in Witness 101.

I always found it interesting that they never studied the book "Mankind's Search For God". It had questions at the bottom of the pages just like a study book, but never used. Maybe it might raise too many questions. Heh? I was surprised they even printed it.

In the meantime, they study the revelation book for the 4th or 5th time.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..When your a JW..Your taught to Examine,Scrutinize and Judge everything,that isn`t "WBTS Approved".....Question the WBT$..And..Persist..You will be Disfellowshipped!!..Guaranteed!.....If you don`t believe me..Try it!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

Thanks for the link. That is pretty much the same as I am printing off from the CD rom to show my parents later this summer.

To me reading that link it is obvious the WT are not who they say they are. If only all could see.

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Choosing Life:

You are right about how after baptism, all questioning is over. Interesting about the book you mentioned with the questions that was never used, unlike one of their other books that was studied several times. I am not referring to the Revelation book. It might have been the one about Jesus. The book I remember had NO page numbers, just chapters! I thought this was the stupidest, sickest thing imaginable. What! Did they run out of ink?? No, it was just a control mechanism.

LHG

• unique1
    unique1
    different churches have published books and brochures for the purpose of “exposing” Jehovah’s Witnesses as heretics....calling another a “heretic” or “false prophet”...

Oh you mean just like the JW's call every other religion false profits and heretics? Do unto others I guess, cause they ain't skert (that is southern for scared) acording to their words following.

• choosing life
    choosing life

LongHairGal,

I think you're talking about The Greatest Man who Ever Lived. They studied that multiple times too and it didn't have page numbers. Why? I thought when they put it out that it was more for children, like a story book. Then we studied it over and over too. I hated the no page numbers too.

I think it was their token book to say, "See, we believe in Jesus and we even gave him his own book."

• Lady Liberty
  • Abandoned
    Abandoned

Lady Liberty, you are a treasure to this site and to those seeking to escape the cult. Good job!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Abandoned,

(((HUGS)))

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit