Were You Taught Evolution in School? Comparative Religion?

by bavman 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bavman
    bavman

Where did you go to school "Choosing Life"?

• xjwms
    xjwms

Bavman

I have not been here much lately, You are posting like crazy today.

Do you have a day off

Yes Evolution was taught in my schools.

• startingover
    startingover

I have thought long and hard about this in the past and I have a real hard time remembering. I seem to remember mention of evolution but I no doubt blew it off because of all the brainwashing I was subjected to. To be honest, I don't remember paying a whole lot of attention in school because I was sure the end was coming in 1975, why go to all the work of studying. I sure don't remember religion either, but I do remember there was sex education.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I wasn't taught evolution in grade school, biology was more of a "descriptive" class instead of "how did this creature come to exist". I came to know about evolution from reading books about fossils, dinosaurs, etc, even at an early age (i.e. before I was 10) evolution made more sense than bible stories. I did attend some classes on "Historical Geology" and "Paleontology" in college, and even taught some similar classes. Amazingly, even at the college level, some students absolutely refuse to even look at the evidence supporting evolution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit