Talk on JWs in Parks, Louisiana June 4th

by jschwehm 10 Replies latest forum announcements

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi All:

I will be traveling to Lafayette, LA to give a talk on the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Here is the address if any in the area would like to come:

St. Joseph Catholic Church
    1053 N. Bridge Street Highway
    Parks, Louisiana 70582

The date is June 4th and the time is 7:00 PM.

Jeff S.
  • Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

If I were in the area, I would go and listen, despite not being Catholic. good luck and I wish you well.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

jeff sorry i can't come. let me ask you . I know your a catholic now. but will christian radio (born agains) put you on? i would to do christian radio. only about the wt . and you know i always call in. if i can. john

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

good for you talking about the dubs to people... but what do you expect to accomplish with this chat????

the infamous one

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Its about 3 hours from me. I would come if it was on a weekend. I also would like to know what you plan to talk about.

You can drive up to Jackson the weekend before and I'll cook you some gumbo -- Lousianna style :)

• jschwehm
    jschwehm
    but will christian radio (born agains) put you on? i would to do christian radio. only about the wt .

Yes, I have done Christian radio too and I am still willing to do it when invited. Lately I have been getting more invites from Catholics probably because of being Catholic. In fact, I will be on National Catholic Radio in July sometime. But a good friend of mine has a Christian radio show she is Lutheran and she still has me on from time to time.

What happened in this case was that the members of this Catholic parish were getting visited once every couple of weeks by the local JWs so the priest asked me to come and talk about what it is like being a JW and what the differences are between what the JWs believe and what Catholics believe. And, why I became Catholic after I left the JWs.

Jeff S.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

What happened in this case was that the members of this Catholic parish were getting visited once every couple of weeks by the local JWs so the priest asked me to come and talk about what it is like being a JW and what the differences are between what the JWs believe and what Catholics believe. And, why I became Catholic after I left the JWs.

Jeff S.

Leave no stones unturned, Brother.

Let us know how it goes.

Jeff

• willyloman
    willyloman

Jeff: I've seen you on TV, you're good. Keep up the work.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I was born in nearby Breaux Bridge, La. but grew up in Carencro, which is six miles north of Lafayette. When I was a JW, which was between 1958 and 1966 and if my memory serves me correctly, St. Martin Parish was unassigned territory. Don't know what the status would be today. Are the Witnesses coming from B.B., St. Martinville or Lafayette? Have they actually made converts in Parks?

Best wishes on your upcoming presentation.

• Mum
    Mum

Good for you, Jeff. I would love to be there, but I'm too far away.

Have you ever been on EWTN with Fr. Pacwa? I wrote him a letter once and thanked him for his efforts to create awareness of the flaws in JW doctrine. He actually sent me a handwritten reply! I went to a taping of The John Ankerberg Show in Chattanooga, TN back in the '80's, and Fr. Pacwa was one of the guests on the show. He's great, as I am sure you are, too.

Regards,

SandraC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit