Can you imagine???!!!

by Miss 8572 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Miss 8572
    Miss 8572

Ha ha. Me again. It's my first day and I just can't get enough of JWD. I feel like I'm actually protesting and it's great. We all have such pertinent information to share! Here's a true story: A few days ago someone I know ran into an older brother in my hall who used to be an elder (but due to his health is no longer one) and is terrificly outspoken. The elders fear him in a way but they don't have anything on him so he continues on his merry way. That someone told me about the conversation they had and It went something like this: Older brother: "No one from the hall visits me when I'm ill and the other older ones are neglected too... and yet I just ran into an old friend who isn't a jehovah's witness and he offered to take me to the hospital for my surgery. Something is very wrong." Person: "You don't have to tell me. I know." Older brother: "Well I went to the elders and asked... 'can you assign another brother to come with me to make the rounds and visit all the elderly people that are being neglected? I would go on my own but I can't drive.' The elders said they can't allow that because I am not an elder." Can you imagine that? How can Jehovah's Witnesses confess to be christian when A) we don't have an inkling of a program to help widow's and orphans (and the elderly) in their time of need like most religions and B)we don't even help those who are within our own congregation. Stay positive. More and more are wiseing up. The end of this religion has to be comming. They don't even need our help because they seem to be ruining themselves.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    It's my first day and I just can't get enough of JWD.

I have no idea what you mean!

More and more are wiseing up. The end of this religion has to be comming. They don't even need our help because they seem to be ruining themselves.

Love your positive attitude and I think this is happening!

Keep up the good work Miss 8572!

• free2think
    free2think

Hi Miss,

This board is great isn't it. I felt the same and that was one of the big reasons that got me thinking this isn't the troof, that and the whole sexual abuse cases. There just didn't seem to be a place for the sick and elderly, it was like in the dubs minds they just didn't exist anymore.

Oh well it's great to be free huh.

• poppers
    poppers

Welcome to the board. Enjoy it to its fullest.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Yes, I can fully imagine and believe how the old people get treated in the KH. After all they don't have much money to give to the borg and they don't go out selling books much so why would the elders look after them. Makes me sick

• juni
    juni

Welcome Miss to the forum!

What you related is common all over. I couldn't agree w/you more. From what I've learned from a friend, more are starting to wake up and examine what they've been taught and have observed happening within the congregation.

Happy to hear that you are benefitting from the forum. Have a great weekend!!

Juni ~~

• anewme
    anewme

Miss8, what you described vividly depicts the unhappiness within the ranks of the JWs.
    They are looking to a publishing company for their religious and social and familial needs.
    Very sad when they realize the love just isnt there.
    Its only the love from individuals that keeps many believing it is a religion and from God.

Like you said, there are no programs in place to help the sick, aged, and the poor and those in
    some need. They are a sham religion. They are a printing business disguised as a religion for tax breaks.
    The preaching work is a way for them to claim they are involved in a free educational program in compliance with non-profit rules. They are not truly interested in people, the true aim is to maintain their precious tax free status.

With the Watchtower Company the money flows only one way------------->

• unique1
    unique1

Unfortunately I can imagine it. My parents were some of the like 2 or 3 couples in a hall of 80+ member that ever did anything to help the elderly and those who were sick. It is so sad. That poor brother.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

I don't have to imagine... My last meeting - I was so sick that I could hardly walk down the aisle to my seat. Nary a soul cared... I came to work the next morning among those terrible worldly people and they immediately wanted to call 911 or take time off from their work day to drive me to the doctor. But I was df'd so maybe not worthy of the elders caring about me?

My mother (an older anointed sister) is not df'd. She broke her right arm. Do you think I could get one soul from her KH to give a shit? To take her to the doctor, cook her a meal, just basically check in? They all said "Oh, we will announce it at the bookstudy and see if anyone wants to check in on her?" The df'd daughter had to drive 70 miles after work to take care of her, she had to take time off work to take her to the doctor. Not that I minded, but isn't the congregation supposed to take care of its own? And not leave it up to the evil DF'd apostates whom the mother shouldn't be talking to in the first place?

• By their fruits you will know them - never has a truer word been spoken.
  • DJK
    DJK

Welcome to the board Miss8572. My father did assist two elderly women when he was an elder. One with transportation and the other he did grocery shopping for. That was more than he ever did for my non-JW mother. I was young and I never gave it much thought. I have been on this board now for almost three months and now believe his reason for doing it was so the elderly would leave all of their money and propery to the WTBTS.

It was only recently that I discovered people could/would leave their estates to the borg. I have reunited with others of my age group, who left when they were 18, and told them about this. They were shocked and are now concerned about their still JW parents.

If you have no family to leave it to, then it's a private decision. It just doesn't seem right to not leave it to family because they didn't belong to the same religious org.

DJK

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit