607 to 1914 calculation question

by bluebell 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The JW interpretation of the era of "Gentile Times" also omits the whole Hasmonean period, during which Judea was restored as an independent, autonomous kingdom. Perhaps this is the reason why the Society hardly discusses this era of Jewish history, which lasted almost a century. Perhaps they would say that "God's kingdom" was not established by the Hasmoneans, but neither were the Jews downtrodden by the Gentiles during the era.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I guess that's why their interpretation quickly shifts from "Gentile times" on "Jerusalem" (Luke 21:24) to the completely different issue of Davidic dynasty...

• VM44
    VM44

It is standard practice for The Watchtower not to mention facts that don't support their conclusions.

They don't seem to realize that by doing so they are demonstrating a lack of integrity.

The Watchtower's scholarly motto is, "Upon these Conclusions I base these Facts."

--VM44

• TIMBOB
    TIMBOB

Hello all,

New to the board here. Still an active JW. But, as I have grown and to make a long story short, I have wanted to do some independent research.

I have a question for Leolaia. When taking into account the 365/364 days a year, you speak of 1 Enoch 82 and 85. Is this a Bible book that is not in the NWT. Just wondering where this info is comming from?

Also, as I have said that I am new, this info maybe on another thread, so I am sorry if this repetitive for you. IF it is, if you could just point me to the correct thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit