BETHEL SERVICE DESKS

by badboy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY STORIES TO TELL ABOUT THEM.

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

A black brother was assigned to solve the problem of no black CO's. Within a year the country was full of them! Yippeee! Got fed up of Britain and went back to the States! Heard he's a millionaire now (and still in the truth!)

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I've called the service dept .a few times. They really don't help you. In fact on more than one occasion the brother was downright rude and condescending.

I remember I was asking if it was permissable for pioneers to count time for certain things done for elders and I said that I looked and looked but didnt find any reference for it. He then says "you want to know why you didnt find a reference? Because there isnt one, they CAN'T do that" I was taken aback and said thank you and hung up. I wasn't an "apostate" at the time so I shrugged it off that he had a bad day I guess. A**hole! I have other stories but it would definitely expose who I am.....suffice it to say that most times the brothers in service are dicks.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I've called the service dept .a few times. They really don't help you. In fact[, everytime]on more than one occasion the brother was downright rude and condescending.

suffice it to say that most times the brothers in service are dicks.

That's been my experience as well.

• Nulite
    Nulite

When I was in Brooklyn Bethel in the 90's a buddy of mine worked in the service department. He lasted a couple of years before he went crazy. I heard dealing with so many problems pushed him over the edge. Now he'll see me and walk right by with a giant loopy grin on his face, won't even speak. We were in the same congregation for 5 years.

Nulite

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I know some people who called for help with a problem that was going on locally. They where shocked to hear how unconcerned the WT rep was on the phone and how they only seemed to care about not saying anything that would make them legally liable. Seeing how cold the HQ was was an eye opener for them.

• metatron
    metatron

I found them to be evasive and often, worthless. Calling the Watchtower Society in regard to family

problems convinced me that they neither know nor care about the difficulties that Witness families

are suffering. They will pray for you over the phone - but fail to offer concrete advice even when it

does not involve liability. It never fails to amaze me that Witnesses who will complain to a manager

about a hotel room or other service related busineses will accept such poor 'service' from the

Watchtower Society itself.

metatron

• Open mind
    Open mind

Maybe instead of "Lawyer Jokes" we should start a thread called "Service Department Jokes".

Open Mind

• badboy
    badboy

I UNDERSTAND THAT WILLIAM CETNAR WAS ONCE ON A SERVICE DESK.

• badboy
    badboy

BTTT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit