WT admits they have added to the "Good News" that Jesus preached

by rockhound 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rockhound
    rockhound

I was looking over some of the archives in "The Best of" section of JWD and found some very important Quotes of the Watchtower that may be of use to all. Keep in mind the warning in Galations 1: 6-9

Rbi8Galatians1:6-9***

I marvel that YOU are being so quickly removed from the One who called YOU with Christ’s undeserved kindness over to another sort of good news. 7 But it is not another; only there are certain ones who are causing YOU trouble and wanting to pervert the good news about the Christ. 8 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed.

Now check out the following admissions of the Watchtower.

w881/1p.21"TheGoodNewsHastoBePreachedFirst"***

8 In "the last days," the good news of the Kingdom involves more than it did when Jesus was on earth. Jesus preached that the Kingdom had drawn near, drawing attention to the fact that he was among the people as the Messiah and King. (2 Timothy 3:1; Matthew 4:17; Luke 17:21) The good news preached by the early Christians included the matter of Jesus’ resurrection and ascension to heaven, and it encouraged meek ones to put faith in the coming Kingdom. (Acts 2:22-24, 32; 3:19-21; 17:2, 3; 26:23; 28:23, 31) Now that we have reached "the conclusion of the system of things," the preaching of the good news of the Kingdom includes the striking message that the Kingdom is established in the heavens.—Revelation 11:15-18; 12:10

w815/1p.17IfGodHasanOrganization,WhatIsIt?***

3 Let the honest-hearted person compare the kind of preaching of the gospel of the Kingdom done by the religious systems of Christendom during all the centuries with that done by Jehovah’s Witnesses since the end of World War I in 1918. They are not one and the same kind. That of Jehovah’s Witnesses is really "gospel," or "good news," as of God’s heavenly kingdom that was established by the enthronement of his Son Jesus Christ at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914. (Luke 21:24)

w6712/15pp.753-754WhatNowDistinguishestheGoodNewstoBePreached***

What

NowDistinguishestheGoodNewstoBePreached

EVER since the end of the Gentile Times in 1914 something of very present importance has been added to the "good news of God" that Jesus Christ used to preach in the Middle East,

preaching to as many cities as possible, just as he said on one occasion: "Also to other cities I must declare the good news of the kingdom of God, because for this I was sent forth." (Luke 4:43; 8:1; 16:16) After his death and resurrection and his glorification in heaven, his apostles and faithful disciples preached the good news of the coming kingdom of God. (Acts 20:24, 25; 28:30, 31) What vital thing has now been added to the good news of the kingdom of God that Jesus Christ and his zealous apostles used to preach nineteen hundred years ago? This, namely, the birth of God’s Messianic kingdom in the heavens at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914. And after the ensuing war in the invisible heavens and the ouster of Satan the Devil and his demons from heaven and down to earth, this announcement was sounded forth, to be added to the good news, as stated in Revelation 12:9-12:

2 "Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! . . . On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time."

3 What a joy-inspiring addition or enlargement to the good news now to be preached! Now has come the victorious kingdom of our God together with the authority of his Christ, his Messiah! As for Satan the Devil and his demons, they have only a short period of time until they are bound and imprisoned in the abyss after the "war of the great day of God the Almighty" at Armageddon.All this additional wonderful information has been true since the end of the "appointed times of the nations" in 1914, and particularly since World War I closed in the year 1918. Not before the "appointed times of the nations" ended in the fall of 1914 could the good news be preached of the newborn, established heavenly kingdom of God and of his Messiah. This, then, must be the good news that Jesus Christ in his prophecy said had to be preached first in all the nations. (Mark 13:10) This generation of human society that has seen and experienced the world events since the Gentile Times closed in 1914—this is the "generation" that will not pass away until all the things foretold have happened, including the preaching of the good news first in all nations.

4 Jesus’ prophecy in Mark 13:10, "Also, in all the nations the good news has to be preached first," has not been undergoing fulfillment during the past nineteen centuries. It is only since the second decade of our twentieth century that this prophecy has been undergoing fulfillment. This began to be realized by the International Bible Students Association and the Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society since the end of the second decade of our century. In the magazine issue of July 1, 1920, of TheWatchTowerandHeraldofChrist’sPresence the article was published entitled "Gospel of the Kingdom" and based on the theme text, "‘And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.’—Matthew 24:14." In the last six paragraphs it said:

5 "It will be noted he does not say the gospel that has been preached to the meek throughout the entire Gospel age shall be preached. What gospel then could he mean? The gospel means good news. The good news here is concerning the end of the old order of things and the establishment of Messiah’s kingdom. It means the dark night of sin and sorrow is passing away. It means that Satan’s empire is falling, never to rise again. It means the sun of righteousness is rising rapidly, its healing beams penetrating the darkness and driving back that which obscures the truth and bringing to the people that which will bless, comfort, strengthen and uplift them. . . .

6 "It will be observed that in the order named this message must be delivered between the time of the great world war and the time of the ‘great tribulation’ mentioned by the Master in Matthew 24:21, 22.This message could not have been delivered prior to the beginning of the world war. Clearly, then, the Master intended for us to understand that a time would come when the church must declare to the world as a witness that the old order is ending and will shortly pass away forever. . . .

7 "What a blessed privilege the church now has of being the ambassadors of the Lord’s kingdom and engaging in delivering the good news."—Pages 199, 200.

8 Since the publishing of that new, up-to-date understanding of the prophetic words of Jesus Christ more and more evidence has piled up in the world events and conditions and in the experience of the International Bible Students to prove that God’s Messianic kingdom was indeed born in the heavens at the due time in 1914 and that "this good news of the kingdom" means the fresh, brand-new information that tells of God’s established kingdom. No news of the day could surpass that for real goodness. For this reason the whole world of mankind deserved to hear this good news, "this gospel of the kingdom." (Matt. 24:14, AV;NW) And according to Jesus Christ all the world of mankind has to hear it. "In all the nations the good news has to be preached," said he.—Mark 13:10.

Show these Quotes to the next witness that tells you that Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones preaching the same "Good News" that Jesus and the apostles preached.

Rockhound

• R.F.
    R.F.

This is exactly why it gets under my skin when JWs say they follow a strict pattern to First Century Christianity. It's so easy to go to the book of Acts to see the simple message that the early Christians preached.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

thank you for the post....added it to my "favorites" section.

Was Gable cool or what?

V

• Manjana
    Manjana

Could you please explain this a litle more for me. I am not that good when it comes to read the literature in english. There are a witness that wrote yesterday, that if we could find anything in their magazines that did,nt compare to the bible, he would quit right away.

I think that maby this is something that he needs to read. But I have to translate it to danish.

Thank you

Manjana

• R.F.
    R.F.

Could you please explain this a litle more for me. I am not that good when it comes to read the literature in english. There are a witness that wrote yesterday, that if we could find anything in their magazines that did,nt compare to the bible, he would quit right away.

It's basically explaining the difference between the basic message of accepting Christ with the JW message of Christ being enthroned as King. You many want want to share this with him and emphasize the importance of adhering to the message that Jesus and his early followers taught.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Good post.

Now I am going to hurl.

Too much watchliar flip flop for one day.

• Manjana
    Manjana

Thank you so much for answering me. It means a lot. Now I can understand what its all about.

Manjana

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

rockhound,

A most excellent post!

In addition, the WTS does not have a clue what Mark, Matthew and Luke mean by "kingdom of Heaven/God". The WTS of course equate it to their "Government by God", which they say is represented on earth solely by them.

They super glue texts that have no relevance to one another, to "prove" that the Kingdom of the synoptic gospels is related to the Council of Acts which is related to the 144,000 of Revelation, and so on.

They just do not have a clue.

Doug

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Those are very important quotes! They go hand in hand with the 607 BCE discussion.

• rockhound
    rockhound

Manjana

The "Good News" that Jesus presented to mankind did not need additional information about 1874 or later changed to 1914 to be added to it. I think the following site will fill you in more about the history of this date, and what the Watchtower was teaching about it before the year 1914 and then afterwards.

http://www.xjw.com/1914lies.html

Rockhound

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit