How do you think God feels about atheists? Angry? Amused?

by AlmostAtheist 41 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

"God" is like a parent who seems to have left the family home. Meanwhile, the children are alone and, left to their own devices, they engage in all manner of wayward behaviors.

The parent may have all sorts of valid reasons for "leaving"and some of the children may even begin to think that the parent doesn't exist. Whatever the case, the children do have lots of questions and I'd hope the parent would drop the judgementalism about the children's behaviour and understand why they're asking the questions.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

god thinks?????

lol, i think if god is there, the entity would think very much like this.... bastards dont believe in me... damn, at least i have vinny and perry

the infamous one

• Odrade
    Odrade

HA! more like: Damn, all I've got is Vinny and Perry, and they both think I'm going to turn all those carnivores into herbivores so they can have a little petting zoo. Waste of my goddamn time.

• Gregor
    Gregor

"HA! more like: Damn, all I've got is Vinny and Perry, and they both think I'm going to turn all those carnivores into herbivores so they can have a little petting zoo. Waste of my goddamn time." Odrade, well put! I also appreciated the Thomas Jefferson quote. I've always known he was a very smart chap but I had never heard this statement before. Great thread. Started out like a trick question to suck in atheists but has generated some very good common sense reasoning on the whole subject of "Is there a God?"

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

What god?

• SuzieQ
    SuzieQ

I've always viewed God as very distant from Humans and the Earth. It comes from being taught that humans are so bad and sinful that God has Jesus do all the looking at the condition of humans and letting him handle the situation. God is too pure and righteous to ever have any connection directly with humans. Jesus may have tried to prove there is a true God, Creator, Jehovah by performing miracles, but since we have no miracles in the sense that Jesus performed NOW, God should expect that there are unbelievers among us. Another question would be: "If you were God, why would you care if humans believed you were out there or not?". Being God, you would know you are the only supreme being in existence and no one could change that! SuzieQ Calif

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

"If you were God, why would you care if humans believed you were out there or not?". Being God, you would know you are the only supreme being in existence and no one could change that! SuzieQ Calif

Good point Suzie, It's as if God's very existance depended on whether or not humans beleived he existed, and so those that don't believe get destroyed.Hmmmmm.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Content.

• aniron
    aniron

God doesn't believe in atheists.

• steve2
    steve2
    God doesn't believe in atheists.

Uh-oh. God has a reputation for destroying anything he doesn't believe in...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit