Interesting Article in the Globe and Mail

by Beep,Beep 15 Replies latest watchtower medical

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Put it back, 'later on'"

Excuse me but I thought that having blood stored outside your body and then put back was not permitted -

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

It seems to me that Dr. Shander has found himself a highly specialized niche - bloodless surgery - which he uses to exploit cult members. How much you wanna' bet "bloodless surgery" is 10 Xs more expensive than conventional methods?

Anyone know? Sounds about as expensive as dialysis. BTW, yeah, bluesbrother, I did think the WT forbade removing and replacing blood.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

It seems that inconsistency is the only consistent thing about JW policy.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

By the way I think you are the first to make the correct connection to avatar.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm
    Anyone know? Sounds about as expensive as dialysis. BTW, yeah, bluesbrother, I did think the WT forbade removing and replacing blood.

In general, so-called "bloodless" medicine is massively more expensive. I was speaking with a Bioethics professor a couple of weeks ago and she was presenting a case study to my class. It was about a JW who was refusing blood. To treat her the standard way with blood was going to cost about 3,000 dollars. To treat her using bloodless techniques was going to cost about 100,000 dollars. (These are U.S. dollars by the way.) So, that will give you an idea of the difference in cost.

Jeff S.

www.catholicxjw.com

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    That is the bait and switch technique that jws always use when talking about bloodless medicine. They always state that there are alternatives to blood. Then they talk about surgical patients who do fine without blood.
    They leave out the fact that they don't do fine in many other situations such as these premature babies or major trauma situations. There are still many times when there is no substitute for blood. They just avoid talking about them and focus attention on bloodless surgery.

Well said.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit