A Question About a Governing Body Watchtower Article

by Arthur 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Arthur
    Arthur

Many of you are aware that the account in Acts chapter 15 regarding the Jerusalem council has been used as a justification for the modern institution of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. According to the Scriptural record as well as historical records, the evidence is very compelling that this council was made up of probably a hundred or so elders; to say the least. It was very different from the modern institution of the GB, where only a small number of men meet in secret sessions.

Here is my question to all of you. There was a Watchtower article sometime back that discussed the account at Acts chapter 15. There was an artist's illustration of the room in Jerusalem, and it showed the room as being quite full of elders. Some time later, the WTS had another article talking about the modern day GB. The WTS used the same illustration as before (as they often do) but they altered it. They took the original illustration (which showed a packed out room) and airbrushed over most of the men in the background so that the illustration only had about ten men in it (more in line with the modern day GB).

There is a website that has these two illustrations posted right next to each other. I am trying to figure out where I saw it. If anyone remembers where this was posted, please let me know where it is. I would like to share this on the forum. Thanks a lot.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Arthur:

This might be the one your looking for!

http://www.escapefromwatchtower.com/govbody.html

Cheers! Atlantis-

• Arthur
    Arthur

Thanks for that link Atlantis.

I'll take a look at this site, it might be it. Thank You!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I can't personally remember this, and can not find it on google. If you come up with anything I would love to see it, as it would show the Watchtower recognises that there is little similarity between the Watchtower Governing Body and the council described in Acts.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, and thank you again, Arthur and Atlantis!

This is what I love about JWD. Something that I had read little about in the past has now piqued my interest and led me to another site - escapefromwt. I've finished "your" piece on the governing body, then went on to that on mind-control; now I understand more clearly the distinction between it and brainwashing. I'm so happy I could burst!

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit