Does eating a rare steak = eating blood?

by neverendingjourney 54 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Does eating a rare steak = eating blood?".....Absolutely!..That red juice from the Steak on your plate is Blood..Regardless of how minimal.......Everyone of my Chef Teachers said it was Blood..Trust me..It`s BLOOD!!

And..Now a few words from Reniaa..LOL!!..

I think leolaia made it clear that a drained carcass despite the red juices doesn't have much blood left in it..Blood is Blood Reniaa,regardless of how little..

and God allowed for this. Nonsense..Blood was drained on the ground in atonement for the death of an animal..Nothing more..

A drained carcass is a lot different from a direct transfusion of someones lifeblood...You can`t use cows blood to save a Human life..Duh!

The question is if this wasn't a life and death issue..The Cow died Reniaa!!..LOL!!

would you have any doubts that transfusions would you have any doubts that a transfusions would come under the principle of the blood law?..Draing an animals blood in atonement for killing it,has nothing to do with Blood Transfusions.......Blood Transfusions save lives!....No one Dies during a Blood Transfusion!!...............

.....................OUTLAW

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    A drained carcass is a lot different from a direct transfusion of someones lifeblood.

You're absolutely right, and the bible makes no mention of the transfusing of blood. So the argument comparing blood transfusions to eating blood, by your own word here, is invalid. The bible prohibits eating blood, not blood transfusions.

W

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

The whole problem with the JW stance is that they fail to recognise that abstinence from blood was symbolic. They, therefore, need to have to have a rule for everything and continue to make up pointless rules and regulations, such as you can eat rare steak and have blood components.

Remember, that the rule on blood was originally symbolic of a life taken - God wanted the majority of the blood symbolically poured on the ground and not reserved for consumption. After that it is irrelevant that a small amount of blood is left – you done the symbolic bit. Taking blood from a live person to save the life of another has absolutely nothing to do with the Old Testament symbolism, where you probably killed your animal yourself and poured out its blood to remind you as an individual that a life was taken to sustain you.

• TD
    TD
    I think leolaia made it clear that a drained carcass despite the red juices doesn't have much blood left in it and God allowed for this.

Yes, but as I made clear in that same thread, eating bone marrow is most definitely eating blood and eating bone marrow is perfectly okay in the Bible.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

That's right Isaiah 25:6-8 talks about enjoying well oiled dishes with Marrow.

I kinda craving some blood via a very rare filet mignon.

I learned a whoooooooole lot about the WT fallicy about "eating" blood via a transfusion when Mom began to get transfusions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit