Crisis of Conscience

by sexyk 21 Replies latest jw friends

• sexyk
    sexyk

Im so happy right now, why ?

My order came in today, that's right, you guessed, the book.

Crisis of Conscience !

Hope to hear more about what people think of this book. I know i'll be posting about it a little more.

keith

• wolkje
    wolkje

Hi,

First time I react to thread, was a JW from 1960 to about 1985, pioneer, elder, live in Holland, started fading because of political infighting among elders. Although I didn't intend to leave I saw a newspaper review of CoC phoned the journalist and got a copy and went on the way out. My mother read it and went on the way out and later my sister and her husband. Later on I get Penton's book Apocalyps Delayed and Carl Olof's Gentil Times Reconsidered, in my opion the best available books you can get, written without malice and objective, not trying to indoctrinate.

The thing that strikes me most about CoC is the mild tone, although it is a bomshell because of the inside information of the GB, it almost makes me pity the GB because of their ignorance and selfdisallusion. Of course that doesn't exempt the GB from being responsible for the pain they inflicted on others, that does make me angry.

Having read CoC I have come compare the WTS to the Catholic Church in the Middel Ages, they have conditional infallibillity the Pope with the Cardinals (the GB till they have new light), they have a mother figure (the organization), they are theocratic, they have thier creeds (1914), they have a heirarchy, Pope, Cardinal, Archbishop, Bishop etc.( GB,Zone Servats, DO, CO etc.), they have a prescribed mass (the WT Studies etc), pedofile problems, and last but not least an inquisition like excommunication policy. Although different in theology, look alikes in organization and policy. It took the Catholic Church some honderd years to realise excommunication doesn't help and become more tollerant. If the WT will ever see the (new)light and become tolerant remains to be seen.

Anyway enjoy CoC its a good book and helps in not feeling guilty about leaving the WT.

Wolkje

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit