Does anybody know anything about Fred Phelps?

by junctions-wife 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Amanda--Did you actually see him in person, or on the news?

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

believe it or not. My mom works for Pizza Hut in Downtown Topeka just 5 mins away from the all state buildings. He was outside the state building with about 20-30 people. Just across the street from mom's store. i should have had my camera but by the time I thought about it, is was too late. how can some people so ignorant. I mean small children were out there. like 3-5 years old. I would have never though about it.

amanda

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

oh and one more thing, the same time that they were out there the capitol building was closed due to a bomb threat.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Wow, it sounds like you and Nancy were right there amongst it all. Yeah they are definitely a hate filled group, they protest everyone from the president, to Jerry Falwell, they even picketed FreeWill Baptist Churches in the past. Wetsboro Baptist church is definitely a CULT in my opinion.

Gotta get offline now, my "bible study" is stopping by today.

• poppers
    poppers

There's all kinds of stuff on Phelps and his daughter Shirley on youtube. It's more than disturbing, it's frightening.

• kwr
    kwr

Yes Al Gore said it in 1988 when Phelps allowed some of his buildings to be used for free by the Al Gore Campaign. This was before his current God Hates Fags campaign.

More Phelps Video

Hatemongers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKSNdxIMVOc&NR=1

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Yes! He and his "church" are evil, immoral and disgusting! What they do to the families of fallen soldiers is beyond reproach. I could go on, but I don't think I have that much venom stored inside me.

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

Fred is the reason the Patriot Guard Riders were formed. Here is a link to their history from their website:

http://www.patriotguard.org/AboutUs/OurHistory/tabid/145/Default.aspx

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The BBC did a fantastic documentary on this nutjob. It's one reporter who lived with them for a week and filmed. He's kick and very sincere. I reccomend it as just plain great filmaking. the one girl who is going to school really seems to have a glimmer of life in her eye, just for a second and its extinguished. I loved the videos on Youtube. It's all there in serialized form, part one, two etc. Don't miss it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QRyr3_nCF4

This is part one. See what you think.

W.Once

• loosie
    loosie

He is quite the nutjob. He lives in toepka kansas. He protested at a small Swedish town in kansas called Lindsborg. Why because in sweden gay marriage is allowed. I guess eh didn't want to spend the money to travel to Sweden so he protested in Lindsborg because they have Swedish people there.

He is a dumbA*#. Even the bible thumpers in here in the bible belt can't stand him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit