Our Watchtower Study On obedience & submission

by dark angle 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dark angle
    dark angle

I've thinking lately about the watchtowers' comparison of Peters submission to Jesus and i've realized that the case scenario of peter and jesus is very different compared to submission to elders or the Governning Body. Firt is that Jesus was perfect and infallible in its decisions, and second, if the biblical accounts of Supernatural powers displayed by Jesus are correct, then ,unquestionable obedience my be due. However, the hierarchy of the society's structure constantly, if not always, shows errors in their decisions and policies. Unquestionable obedience and submission then could not be demanded by them. its more reasonable that they demand relative submission to them--obedience that is due.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Moshe... maybe we should buy barf bags in bulk and attach them to the seat backs at the KingDumb Hall. They are handy on airplanes, why not other places we feel like throwing up? alt (Too bad the image did not work of the barf bag)

SnakesInTheTower (of the Vomiting Sheep Class)

• sf
    sf

flip and flipper,

Thanks for the insight.

See, they aren't as scary as so many give them credit for, are they?

Incidently, where in California are you?

sKally

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I've thinking lately about the watchtowers' comparison of Peters submission to Jesus and i've realized that the case scenario of peter and jesus is very different compared to submission to elders or the Governning Body. Firt is that Jesus was perfect and infallible in its decisions, and second, if the biblical accounts of Supernatural powers displayed by Jesus are correct, then ,unquestionable obedience my be due. However, the hierarchy of the society's structure constantly, if not always, shows errors in their decisions and policies. Unquestionable obedience and submission then could not be demanded by them. its more reasonable that they demand relative submission to them--obedience that is due.

Great point, dark angle. I wish I could've made that point in my family study!

• flipper
    flipper

sKally, I pm'd our location. Mr. F doesn't care if I put it here but I want to wait until after all the df stuff is over, guess I'm paranoid. I keep thinking this obedience and submission study was really going too far, that they would finally piss off the congregations. But those elders were totally into it and seemed shocked that the guys were openly critical of it. Shows how strong brainwashing can be. flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit