There is life after the watchtower

by ninja 3 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
  • jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I remember reading 1984 and Animal Farm.

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

I read this book too and I thought it described really well the mania of the WBTS to control everything. It also described well what mind control is all about.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, there are a few differences. First, the Watchtower Society doesn't yet have telescreens installed in everyone's home and work place. They have to make do with people that rat them in. Then they don't have the authority to actually inflict severe physical pain (just emotional pain) or physically kill people (just pronounce them spiritually dead).

They do seem to have everything else, though. They have the Thought Police (that is, the hounders and snitches that blow in anyone that dissents). They have the Two Minutes Hate. It's called the meetings, and they last a lot longer than two minutes. They control people's travels by assigning them a$$emblies and where they are to work in the misery. They attempt to control where everyone is going to work secularly. They breed poverty. They do torture people by depriving them of adequate sleep and by submitting them to harassmentjudicial committees when they break the rules. They view sex as solely a means to reproduce. And I wouldn't be surprised if they start putting spyware on my computer to use it as a telescreen, too. So, maybe they really aren't that far off base.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit