My First Born Is Graduating Tomorrow

by LovesDubs 10 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I am SOOOOO freaked about this. I just know Im gonna blubber through the whole thing. I went to Senior Awards Night last night where he was given his scholarship and every time they said the Class of 2007!! My heart sank! How can it beeeeeeee 2007 already??? Could 18 years be gone so quickly??? Pomp and Circumstance... Im going to my own 35th high school reunion this fall. Gawd...

Sigh...Im so happy I have my other two kids still. Dont know what I would do if he was the first last and only.

Anybody else facing this big step?

LD

• greendawn
    greendawn

As I can see with my nephews time flies and it's not long before they are due to go to university but congratulations, after leaving the cult fortunately there is no chance of the youngsters getting deceived into opting out of their studies.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Anybody else facing this big step?

LD

Yep, my second-born is graduating on May 25 - number 2 out of 750. She has to give the salutatory address, and she's an International Baccalaureate Scholar!!! My hope for her is that she will come to see the WTS for it is...a devious cult that subverts the plain teachings of our only Lord and Savior.

Snowbird

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

Yes, it will be a change, but life is filled with changes isn't it?

Please be so very proud of your son for his academic achievements. You said he got a scholarship? Isn't this all why we make all those sacrifices?

Yes, you will cry. Yes, it will be bittersweet. But you are by no means "old". You have a new chapter to move forward to. Like all big changes, it is scary and wonderful. Sounds like time to take a vacation!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Yep, my second-born is graduating on May 25 - number 2 out of 750. She has to give the salutatory address, and she's an International Baccalaureate Scholar!!! My hope for her is that she will come to see the WTS for it is...a devious cult that subverts the plain teachings of our only Lord and Savior.

Snowbird, they wanted to put my oldest in IB classes, but I didn't let them. She was all ready in "honors" classes and had an IEP guidance person. She got rebellious and didn't like being in "honors" classes. She said that she was the only black and she felt isolated. She started skipping classes and trying to talk more "ghetto". I had to scold her constantly. I told her that "She'd better graduate!". I was put into gifted classes when I was a kid and I hated it and dropped out. I ended up having to get everything the hard way! I, eventually, did get a ASN and a BHS. . .In my 30's, after leaving the witnesses. . . My oldest just blew off her 20's! She had been taught sign language and Spanish. She refused to use them. Now, she, barely, knows how. On the flip-side, she went back to college and has got into the Nursing class for next semester! Whoopee!

The twins became witnesses and are going to college. They were always in honor's classes. One twin got the Bill Gate's Scholarship. The other didn't apply for it, but she did get some other scholarships. One twin wants to be a linguist and she is fluent in Spanish and ASL (American Sign Language). She transferred to a Spanish congregation so that she could get better with her Spanish. She has a pen pal (J-dub) from Spain. The other twin took a short course on being a pharmacy tech and is working at Walgreens. She did this because she wanted to have more time pioneering. My husband and I got on her about this and told her that we wanted her to go to college and get a degree. So, she is trying to get into a two year college for Nursing. We'll see! Both twins are pioneers!

My youngest should graduate next year. She doesn't want to be a Witness! But she does want to be a LAWYER!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ms McDucket said:

She said that she was the only black and she felt isolated. She started skipping classes and trying to talk more "ghetto". I had to scold her constantly

Girl, don't I know. My child had three other Black kids in her classes, and she latched on to them for dear life! LOL. She wants to pioneer, but her dad and I insisted on college first. One of her instructors described her as "an intellectual powerhouse." I thought I was going to have to go oomph upside her head at one time, but she reluctantly agreed to go to college. Whew!

Snowbird

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

bttt

Congratulations Lovesdubs! Good job!

P.S. sorry for making it about me! I can be so stupid at times!

• snowbird
    snowbird

To Lovesdubs,

I am sorry, too, for going on about my child. I just get so carried away at times. I finally have someone to "talk" to and I don't know how to act. I'm so proud and happy for your son. Yes, the years fly by, and before we know it, they are looking us eye-to-eye.

I was a member of the class of 1971, met the Witnesses in 1972, baptized in 1974. I don't count them as wasted years. It was a learning experience that I plan on using to help others.

Snowbird

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Oh I love hearing about your kids too! Wow...ginormous kudos to you and your kids for being such outstanding scholars! Yes he did get a scholarship. In fact his class of about 500 kids got awarded over $2.5 MILLION in scholarships! Holy cowzers batman! We went to Awards night on Wednes and THAT took longer than the graduation ceremony did today! And you will be proud to know I didnt cry at all! I found myself to be very very happy!

Goofball came home last night..or I should say this morning....with an EYEBROW PIERCING! Lordy... I just cant stay mad at him tho. Its his life. His EYEBROW.

I dont even want to know what he was drinking to not FEEL THAT!

LDs

• serendipity
    serendipity

My daughter (and only child) graduates next Saturday and I'll be taking a whole box of Kleenex with me to the ceremony.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit