Are you up for the 30 mile challenge?

by Elsewhere 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

30 miles in 30 days by walking or running.

It will only require you to get out and walk for 15 - 20 minutes each day. That is all that is required to walk a mile.

Are you up for it?

Later we'll talk about the 250 mile challenge!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I walk 5 miles minimum every week day which is why I go through shoes so fast. It seems like the way roads are structured in America its harder to walk in some places - like you can't cross over whenever you want and stuff. his year I have walked approximately 500 miles - altogether now:

"And I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more just to be the man..."

• JH
    JH

I love walking, but only when it's nice out. I walk 5 miles a day during summer time.

So, today I won't walk because its cool, almost cold. There was snow on my car this morning !!!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi Else! Three weeks ago I started a walking routine. For one hour midday I walk around the outside of the mall in my area. Mostly flat, however, one part has this steep upward incline, where the cars go to park on the roof. I walk up it 90 steps in about a minute. I start out slow to warm up, then a little quicker pace, this where I walk up to the roof, then slow down to cool off. I'm 62 years old with a little pot belly. I'm told that walking alone will reduce my waist size. Twice a week I do some exercises after walking in our gym. I'm up for the 30 mile challenge!

Blueblades

• greendawn
    greendawn

I spent at least two hours walking each day which at 16 minutes to a mile is equivalent to 7.5 miles (12 Km) per day. It's part of weight loss scheme but I will carry on walking at least an hour per day as an exercise after reaching my target weight.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I walk every other day for three miles. Trying to get to the point where I can run every other day for three miles.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I'm running the city to surf in a couple of months and we start training on friday, I just know I am going to puke on the first training session because it's been nearly two years since my fat arse saw the inside of a gym. I've decided that I'm going to give it a best effort to do the 12km run in under an hour and lose 10kg (a stone and a half) by the end of August.

• Princess
    Princess

Sure. Is there a prize for finishing first?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Sure. Is there a prize for finishing first?

I certainly hope you finish first... more than once.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I walk around my cell block every 10 minutes 8 hours a night. Then I go to the gym and do an hour on the elypitical machine. every other day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit