ONE YEAR AGO, TODAY......................................

by Warlock 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Warlock
    Warlock

One year ago, on this date, May 16, 2006, I finally got up the courage to post on JWD. It was not easy, by any means. I felt a tremendous amount of guilt. I had joined "the dark side". For sure, Jah was going to strike me in some way. Well, so far, so good. I almost left here.................TWICE, but was talked out of it both times. I've finally come to the conclusion that I can't leave. It has become too much a part of me. YOU have become too much a part of me.

Before I finally joined, I had been lurking since Oct.-Nov. of 2005. To all lurkers: You can just keep lurking, or you can join in. Only you know what is best for you. I know many of you are afraid, and believe me, I can relate. The fear will fade over time, but honestly, did you really find JWD by accident? When you put "Jehovah's Witnesses" in that search engine you use, you mean to tell me you didn't KNOW what type of site this was going to be? Tell it to someone who is not a JW. They will believe you.

You came here and you started reading here for a reason. The reason is this: You knew there was something wrong and you found a place, where people FEEL JUST THE WAY YOU DO! So join us if you can. If you can't, then, just keep reading.

Well, Brothers and Sisters, it's been a great year with all of you and I look forward to another one.

Warlock

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Happy Anniversary Warlock!!

but honestly, did you really find JWD by accident? When you put "Jehovah's Witnesses" in that search engine you use, you mean to tell me you didn't KNOW what type of site this was going to be?

No, I definately did not find JWD by accident. I finally broke down and disobeyed the "society" by looking for JW related subjects on the internet. I lurked her for almost 2 years before I had the courage to join and post (thanks to Mouthy).

It's amaizing to find a group of people that know "exactly" what you are going through, what you went through and can help you through the range of emotions you go through!

So happy you decided to stick around!!

BB

• BFD
    BFD

Well Happy Anniversary, Warlock! And I'm glad you've stayed.....both times!

BFD

• Nowman
    Nowman

Hello Warlock,

I am glad you decided to stay and others too. I was thinking about JWD at 2:30am this morning (up with newborn, Delanie, don't mind) because I all of sudden I had rush of thoughts regarding various topics that have taken place, ones I have responded to, and ones I have read. I came to the realization that maybe after 15 years, I am still effected by the org? I am not really sure, I am digging deep into myself, to get my answer, as of right now, I have not completely answered myself. Yet, I keep coming back here to share my comments or just for pure curiousity. Maybe I still need that constant confirmation (by coming to JWD) that I made the right decision, am I still insecure about it?

Do you find this true of you too? Its OK if you don't...sometimes I feel overwelmed by JWD and I can't visit as often, need a little break, then somedays I am posting freak. I know, I know, I am not the only one, just had to express it out loud.

My year was 2/6 or 2/16/07, can't belive how "time funs when your having flies".

Nikki

• Open mind
    Open mind

I'm glad you decided to make the plunge, Warlock.

I hope you stick around as long as it's healthy for you.

I still remember my first post. My fingers were almost trembling.

No regrets though. (Well, unless you count the decades of drone-dom )

Open Mind

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I came to the realization that maybe after 15 years, I am still effected by the org? I am not really sure, I am digging deep into myself, to get my answer, as of right now, I have not completely answered myself. Yet, I keep coming back here to share my comments or just for pure curiousity. Maybe I still need that constant confirmation (by coming to JWD) that I made the right decision, am I still insecure about it?

Nikki,

When we were in the Org., it was "where else can we go?" I think we found that "where else" and that's why we keep coming back.

Insofar as the "JW" in all of us, I think it will be there until we die.

Warlock

• poppers
    poppers

Happy anniversary, Warlock.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    I had joined "the dark side

Well like the t-shirts for the apostafest said - Come to the dark side - we have cookies!

Wow is it really only a year - feels like you have been here forever!

Happy one year at JWD Warlock!

• free2think
    free2think

Happy One Year Anniversary Warlock! The dark side rocks....

• Warlock
    Warlock
    The dark side rocks....

It's also more honest.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit