The Spanking Hall?

by WTWizard 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• BFD
    BFD

Not for nothin DD76 but me thinks that your parents would've been way out there even if they weren't JWs. That's some really sick shit you put out there. I'm sorry you had to endure such abuse. I'm shocked. Do you still have a relationship with them?

BFD- who doesn't shock easily

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Welcome to the forum, Devil Driver 76!

What a terrible childhood for you and your brother. I didn't get it nearly as bad as you did...I just remember my mother's love of whipping me and my sister with her thin belts...and she really laid into it. "You're never too old to get spanked" is what I remember hearing as late as 15.

One time my dad took me outside the circuit assembly hell and said, "Do you think, if Armageddon came tomorrow, that Jehovah would look favorably at you?" I was of course fidgeting or napping; terrible offenses, indeed.

I must have been younger than 10, yet I remember the day vividly. It was the day that I knew, in my curly-headed mind, that something was very wrong about daddy just said...

• Highlander
    Highlander
    I agree with the statement that "the spirit of the child is broken".

While I feel I probably deserved a few more spankings than I actually received, I am in complete agreement that my spirit was also broken. This was done by the drivel that

was beat into my mind at the kingdumb hall. I don't care what age you are,, being told that jehovah is going to destroy everyone else on the planet for not being a j-dub, really

takes it toll on a person's 'spirit'.

My mom once commented to me that she noticed how my shoulders slumped down when she dropped me off at school. My body language relfected that of a sad child.

Well guess what mom, it was that garbage I was being taught at the kingdumb hall. When you are told that all your friends at school will die for not becoming j-dubs, it has a tendency

to make a kid sad.

As j-dubs, we're taught not to associate or become friends with worldlyâ„¢ people. Well gee, who the hell am I supposed to be friends with at school then?

It sure broke my spirit as a child.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

WTWizard...

Man, this brought up some memories. Our old KH was definitely the spanking hall. My two younger brothers and I always got the wuppins in the KingDumb Hell. Once, while our old KH was being remodeled, they had taken all of the carpeting up, leaving behind only concrete. We still had the old metal chairs that were all attached together at the legs. My middle brother (at the time my youngest), was about to get an a** whipping My mom grabbed him outta his seat.....or so she thought...'

...he wrapped his little legs around that metal chair so tight that when she picked him up, the entire row (now empty of them), came up with him! Then mom tried to get a better grip on him and the whole row went WHAM! on to the bare concrete....Lift and ..WHAM!...echo....lift and .... WHAM...echo... All of this going on during the meeting.

..the whole time little bro was yelling at the top of his lungs ... "She's killing me, she's killing me!" I dont think he was maybe 4 or 5 (making me 7 or 8) at the time. Finally, she gets him outta the auditorium, beet red (which showed real well against her long blonde hair). I am dying to laugh, but dont dare since I dont want any of the a** whipping for myself, so I stifle it....not so some of the others in the hall..... I think the meeting came to a halt for a minute or two until they evacuated to the bathroom.....

...and because the walls were so thin, every hit of the wooden paddle (remember the kind that had the little ball attached with a string?) against his bare bottom was clearly heard in the main hall.... WHAAAP!.... "Oh God Jehovah, she's killing me!".... WHAPPP! ..."noooo"...."Shut up or you get more."....".whimmpper....."

...20 min later, they come back in, little bro butt red, momma's face red.....people in auditorium faces red from laughing (or trying in vain not to).... WT conductor trying to keep a straight face (and not succeeding).... Lots of stories where that came from.....

SnakesInTheTower (of the "This sheep gotta alotta Spankings as a kid" Class)

PS....Of all of the ironies, that KH is now a DAY CARE CENTER with lots of playground equipment in the back parking lot.

• bernadette
    bernadette

I've been in the troof 30 years and I say definitely, yes the spanking hall.

One you mother who has a now 3 year old does take her child out for a walk and then brings her back in again. But the problem is that she is seen as weak and an ineffective mother and her husband is seen as not reaching out. How much longer can they put up with such negativity.

When this couple's child was 1 the study conducter, during the book study stopped in mid sentence when the baby was making its usual baby noises and remained silent staring at the mother till she very embarrassed, took the child out of the room. Her husband believes the child should be smacked into submission.

the book study conductor is a an elder from bethel and to cap it all is on the legal desk

The couple had become quite desperate and asked me for suggestions just as I was starting my fade. Did my best to encourage them to take it easy and be reasonable.

This thread brings back plenty of memories for me as well. I remember the blazing hot summer days at Dodger Stadium, uncomfortable seats, and being forced to attend and sit perfectly still and quiet for hours on end under the threat of a beating. I remember getting up to go to the bathroom, and observing the belts striking young children for not being as robotic as their ignorant parents.

While the recent expose of the sex abuse in this cult is indeed disgusting, the physical and psychological abuse of children, coupled with the shameless exploitation of children, is/was even more pervasive, and extremely despicable. Those who manage this cult are deserving of the most horrific fates known to mankind.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

A reactive swat to an appropriate portion of the anatomy is natural in the right circumstances; I mean, like the "grab by clothes and swat ass" reaction a small child bolting into aroad gets.

Premeditated spanking (which I did do in the past) is now just weird to me. For me premeditated spanking would not be a choice; there are far more effective ways of discipline, although they normally require more thought and effort than premeditated spanking.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am so grateful I was not raised as a JW. I am lucky I was in the "world" and was an adult when I got involved. I had birthdays, celebrated Christmas, went Trick-or-Treating on Halloween, sang school songs and had school activities, went on dates, etc. There were problems, sure, but at least I didn't have to go through what these poor young JWs go through. They have my deepest sympathy.

LHG

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I agree with Adolfius. I grew up knowing nothing else. If anything, I feel it helped fuel a very strong imagination, what else is a kid to do if he's bored and can't play.

I used to get spankings too, but mostly they were reserved for when we got home so we could get a thumpin' in private.

When we got home, we'd run upstairs and put on extra underwear and hope to god that we didn't warrant a bare bottom spanking. Rarely worked, but was worth trying.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

The congregations in Ohio I attended were torture chambers for kids. I have seen Ministerial Servants yank babies out of their baby seats and spank them unmercifully. mothers beating their kids with wooden spoons. children dragged by the hair of the head to the front door (this changed as years went on, they decided it was best to beat your children around back so as not to give a "bad witness" to passersby)

And yes, kids werent allowed to be kids, their spirits were broken.

Do I believe children should'nt be spanked? No

Do I believe children should be beaten to appease a cult? No

Discipline is Ok with me, but breaking children's spirit is part of the mind control that I detest about this cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit