What odd things do you keep?

by JH 27 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

I keep all greeting cards given me...... and personal items, pictures, my doggies' ashes and little trinkets my grandkids have given me cause they parted w/their special belonging for me.

Is that odd? Don't know. But it's all important to me.

Juni

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Clothes that I can't fit. They're either too big or too little. My weight flucuates so often (dieting not dieting). I don't know why I don't throw them away they're out of fashion now.

I have lots of nursing uniforms. Stuffed in drawers, a closet full of them, some in clothes baskets. . . I was a nursing uniform junkie! Nursing shoes too! Ugh! I need to get back to work! When I first started nursing, I wouldn't buy a pair of shoes, for work, under a $100 bucks. After several accidents with blood and poo, my attitude changed about that. I have lots of nursing scissors, markers, cheap stethoscopes (never buy a expensive one someone will walk off with it). I remember having a leather fanny pack for work. I took it off and laid on a desk at work, it walked off too! It was full of my needed supplies! Yeah, I'm or was a nurse stuff junkie!

• juni
    juni

Excuse me JH for a min sort of off topic....

Mrs. McDuckett, hi -

how do u like those plastic shoes the nurses are wearing now? Some mom designed little thingies to put in slots or something like that for kids and now she has a multi million dollar business. Can't remember the name of the shoe or her business. Do you know?

Juni

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Mrs. McDuckett, hi -

how do u like those plastic shoes the nurses are wearing now? Some mom designed little thingies to put in slots or something like that for kids and now she has a multi million dollar business. Can't remember the name of the shoe or her business. Do you know?

Are you talking about "Crocs"? ? ? I had to have or wear shoes that no one else was wearing! Everybody was/is wearing "Crocs". http://www.comfortableshoes.com/crocks-shoes-croks-footwear-crocs-kroks-beach-metro-highland-nile.cfm

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

crocs, EWWWWWW

the infamous one

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I try to collect and keep Dollar Bills! Right now, I only have two!

Outaservice

• puck
    puck

pens. even if they don't work anymore, i find it hard to part with 'em. i have boxes full. it's really quite ridiculous.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I did break down and by some Quarks, Juni!

Quark Quasar Mine or tan and blue.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

travel brochures (about 500 lbs) also I save old calendars too. I too save my old clothes, sometimes I give them to salvation army or goodwill.

• juni
    juni

Thanks Ms.McD!! That's it - Crocs. Now I have to find out what the do diddies are that the lady invented. I believe the inventor of Crocs bought her business for millions.

Juni PS I remember now. They're called Thingamajigs. I'll Google it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit