REALLY NEED SOME HELP HERE!

by sinis 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

I wish you luck. You are definitly in a predicament. If you choose to go through what ever it takes to stay with her this is definitly a fly in the soup.

I don't think talking to the will be studiers would do any good. When it comes to your words vs what they think Jah wants them to do, you will loose every time, if they are hook line and sinkers. Besides in the end it has to be your wife's choice. If she stays on that see saw ~ your life is a see saw too by the very essence of your connection. So just be prepared to accept that if you choose to stay in it no matter what. Some here have found a measure of happiness in simular situations from what I read.

Personally though I don't have that much patience for a grown person who by their behavior makes my life ongoingly sad. But that's just me...and I honor each situation and person is different. Good Luck.

• PinTail
    PinTail

There is an article put out by the "Chicago Bible Students" web site, entitled Food For Thinking Jehovah's Witness's". This article is so darn good, it does not bash them, it opened my eyes like a big tall Star Bucks in the morning. I like the Bible Students, they reason well. Hootie Hoo,

• fifi40
    fifi40

Free advice is worth what you pay for it, but if I was in your shoes here is what I would possibly do

Be absolutely honest with her. Tell her that you disagree totally with JWs and their teachings (explain to her why you feel this way), that you appreciate there are nice people in the organisation but you dont want any part of it. Tell her you love her and you would prefer she didnt get involved in it to deeply, but if she feels the need to study, tell her you respect her wishes and will support her (by not trying to dissuade her or using tactics to keep her from going) but that you want her to thoroughly study, to ask every question (you could suggest some questions you feel need answering and what had prompted your decision that it is not true), to leave no stone unturned. Explain that you dont want both of you to waste your lives on something that in your opinion is false, but you respect that she needs to make that decision herself.

If she wants to do this, she will do it anyway, and imo if you try to stop her you may push her further toward that life.

Well thats my ten penneth for what its worth.

Fifi

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Listen...there's only one thing here that can really help you. You've got to think "Comedy Sitcom", "Reality TV".

Got to get creative here. Like a page out of a Carol Burnette, or Jim Carrey script, you have to make these people NOT want to come back, over silly things like.......

Act 1 - you go along with the whole "revival" thing, fully invite the opportunity for them to come study. You tro down a can of baked beans and broccoli 1 to 2 hours before they get there (without your wife knowing)...get real close and personal with your guests and let the SBD's fly bud.

Act 2 - they can't get their keys in the car door fast enough!

Keep this "innocent" stuff up a few meetings, and the problem is solved! Guaranteed.

Leave half your shirt tucked out, make uncomfortable jokes, DON'T CLIP YOUR TOE NAILS, and leave your shoes and socks off...stuff like that.

You can do it!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I wouldn't forbid or warn the couple off. I suspect this will just make them go underground. I think it's time for a little bit of "can't beat 'em, join 'em" strategy. Also, a bit of "tit for tat". If she brings religion back in to your mix, you are allowed to challenge again. If she's enjoyed the recent peace as much as you have, she may back off.

Can't Beat 'Em

Ask to join the study and bring your own bible. Be friendly, but ask lots of questions.

Tit for Tat

This worked well between my hubby and I. When he started bringing out the daily reader, I brought out my "Thought for the Day" If he read his aloud, I read mine. He's given up.

I've subscribed to a cult magazine. http://www.tomorrowsworld.org/ You can't stop them! The layout of the magazine and references to Armageddon are unmistakably familiar. Now, when they arrive, hubby asks if he can throw them out. Just this morning, I said "Sure, toss it. Those false prophets all sound the same." He laughed.

So, keep it light, keep the lines of communication open, and match her for dedication. I'm guessing she'll quickly go back to the way it was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit