My Update

by R.F. 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Well I have as of late put alot more time into bible reading(with different translation) with a more open mind without the Watchtower blinders and it has been very refreshing to me. The more I read about first century Christianity and the message they preached the more I realize just how off the the WT really is.

This was precisely my experience. I have come to realize how so many of the required practices of the JW organization are traditions of men, and are carried out by rote. There never was a centralized organizational structure that required everyone to comply with it's assigned treadmill of works. If one looks for some sort of spelled out organizational manual in the NT; they will look in vain. What's interesting to see is how the modern day Watchtower organization has very little in common with first century Christianity. It actually has more in common with fourth century Christianity.

• Scully
    Scully
    she said that she will always love me, but if I "quit serving Jehovah" that she couldn't continue our relationship.

So you're reading the Bible, and you're learning new things that you'd like to put into practice. That's great. I particularly enjoy the reading in Romans chapter 14. (nudge, hint)

Maybe when you talk to your fiancée again, you could tell her that what she said has you puzzled. If you're following and practicing what the Bible says, how does she come to the conclusion that you might "quit serving Jehovah"?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, she must watch her language. I don't let my JW husband get away with it EVER. Ask her how leaving an organization is the same as leaving Jehovah?

The same with "TRUTH". As I ask my JW husband, doesn't the truth stand on it's own? The truth doesn't live in a building does it? That traffic light is red, that's the truth. Now it is green, that is also the truth. How is it possible to leave truth? It just is.

• jgnat
    jgnat

OH, I was going to mention. Just to show off how foolish it all is, I got myself a pebble engraved with the word, "TRUTH". You can get such things at one of those devotional stores, they are quite cute. Once in a while I carry that pebble around and tell hubby, "I've got the TRUTH"!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I am so happy to see that you are reading the Bible for the first time without blinders on. It was an amazing experience the first time I did that. John and Romans were my favorite. And it was incredible that I used to tell people that the NWT and their Bible were basically the same thing. When I actually read theirs, it shocked the socks off of me. I too couldn't understand how a religion could believe how they do and claim that the Bible is their first authority.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit