Why does the WTS insist everyone sign up for the Ministerial School ?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover
    I think the reason they require everyone is it helps indoctrinate everyone with the cult propaganda...it's all about gettting the drones to perfect the borg's sales pitch....

That was my thought also...

I hated the School. Not everyone is cut out to speak in front of large audiences, even if you know most of them. Some of us have a fear of crowds and speaking to large groups. It may be a bit irrational, but it is what it is.

My talks were painful at best, not only to me, but to everyone who had to endure them. But my best talk was when I came into the hall one night, glanced at the board to see who had what talks and saw my name. Panic set in. I didn't know, I never got a talk slip. I sat in the back trying to come up with something while all the other talks were going on. I finally came up with some half-baked idea (can't remember the subject anymore) and when I got up to give it, I admitted right up front that I didn't know I had a talk. So I suggested that we pretend that we were at the door and someone asked us about the very subject the talk was about. And I used the Reasoning book to back up our beliefs and I pretended the audience was the householder. The talk came out great. The timing was dead on too. Everyone was smiling and appreciating the interesting setting. I got great compliments after the meeting. The conductor said he liked my presentation of the material but gave me a "W" for not being prepared. Go figure.

• juni
    juni

I can relate to what you said purps about not being able to be baptized unless you were fully immersed in all WT activities. I guess you proved by your works that you wanted to dedicate yourself to God. Completely wrong in my opinion.

Remember this is a sales based religion....one needs to know how to "market" their product.

Juni

• bob1999
    bob1999

John Doe,
    I understand what you are saying. And it makes perfect sense in the eye's of man.

What I'm talking about are gifts of the spirit.

Man is not born to know God. Man can only know God through the spirit.

Man can only serve God by the spirit.

Man can serve man by practice but man serves God by the spirit.

We each have a "Calling" and if something is not our calling then all the practice in the world will not make us effectual.

I'm kind of narrow minded, aren't I?

BTW, I could be wrong.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I think you are spot on Bob, absolutely spot on.

And something else: "...not being able to be baptized unless you were fully immersed in all WT activities."

This makes my blood boil. It really is disgusting that they will not allow someone to get baptized unless they conform to certain extra-scriptural organisation requirements.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Back before I got baptized, one of the elders who went over the baptismal questions with me almost didn't agree for me to get baptized simply because I was working a job at the time that made me miss the TMS and service meeting once ever few weeks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit