Our small town newpaper article on "Shunning"

by ButtLight 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Gogetter from here on the jwd, finally got an article in our paper. If I remember correctly, she has tried several of times, but they wouldnt print anything that mentioned jehovahs witnesses, or if "kingdom hall" was mentioned.

Im sure most people put two and two together, when "door to door" was mentioned anyway lol

Way to go girl!

shunning-1.jpg

• loosie
    loosie

Good Job!!!!!!!

BRAVO!!!!!!

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

good job... im glad someone was able to get something posted... i may try myself... ive caught the inspiration bug

the infamous one

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Bye the way, incase you dont know who Gogetter is, its Mr. Schne-belly's mom. (and dad)

• Clam
    Clam

That's great Buttlight. Surely people will be able to put two and two together and suss that it's the Witnesses that are being spoken about?

Having said that, the fact that they're not mentioned by name could throw the local Dubs into a dilemma as to whether to defend themselves or not. Really good to see shunning get publicity like this. So many outsiders don't even know of the inhuman practice.

Clam

• free2think
    free2think

Good job, the article made the point well without going overboard. I hope lots of people take note.

• JH
    JH

Wonderful article Buttlight.

This message will reach more people than 1 year of preaching.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Speaking of which, I would like a few good articles about the 16 abuse cases, to drop off to them also. They may print them as long as its "associated press?" Im not very familiar with that.......so if anyone can help, and give me the links, that would be great. I know there are several threads going on about it, but not sure which articles to give to the paper. We need to keep ever the smallest towns informed too!

• Mary
    Mary

Great article......yep, the 'door to door' thing is a dead give away. As far as I'm concerned, the shunning policy that the Borg rigorously enforces is just as harmful as their 'no blood' policy and the more bad exposure they get, the better.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

great article .......thanks for sharing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit