Peace and Security Prophecy Amendment

by mtsgrad 7 Replies latest jw friends

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

In my zealous pioneering days I used to preach about the declaration of "Peace and Security". As I have not been going for some time, what is the "latest truth" on this prophecy?

mtsgrad

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

welcome mtsgrad! did ya go to bethel by any chance?

umm your answer to your question...we have reps. currently working on your request....please stand by ...

wac xelder xbethelite almost mtsgrad

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Welcome mtsgrad.

I have been out for a long time, so I am no help in answering your question, but be patient.....I'm sure the answer is coming.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    what is the "latest truth" on this prophecy?

Basically, whatever way the geo-political wind is blowing. From what I understand, the latest understanding is that the crying out of "peace and security" will be from mankind's desperate desire for peace and security in the midst of world unrest and violence (most likely as a result of global terrorism). With the situation of global jihad being attempted by Islamic radicals around the world; it seems to me that this view of "peace and security" will prevail in the organization for quite some time.

But who knows. For all we know, the Society might reveal some zesty "new light" that the cry of peace and security is tied to the capture of leviathan by a Governing Body Delta Force.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This is one of those things that the wt wanted it both ways.

If there were problems the cry for peace and security was a cry why there was no peace.

If there was relative peace the cry for peace and security means that people are crying out "we have peace and security!"

It is just another meaningless phrase.

• Arthur
    Arthur

If there were problems the cry for peace and security was a cry why there was no peace.

If there was relative peace the cry for peace and security means that people are crying out "we have peace and security!"

Yes, these were my thoughts as well, and this is why I had said that it depends on which way the wind is blowing. I remember for a long time, the phrase of "peace and security" was applied to the nations (or more specifically the U.N.) declaring that they had achieved peace. The year 1986 was declared the "International Year of Peace", for example. I remember prior to 1986, some Witnesses were speculating on this year being the time when the UN would make such a declaration.

But then, the collective view seemed to change on 9/11. From what I remember about various talks being given after 9/11; it was taught that many of the worlds nations were going to unite with the U.S. against global terrorism in an effort to achieve "peace and security".

• abbagail
    abbagail

I don't know what the current WT version is, but don't buy into whatever their version is, because they are 99.99% always wrong. Put this on the back burner, as a "just-in-case'ies" alternative...

"Peace and Security" (or "Peace and Safety" as some translations word it) will be shouted worldwide after the devastation of WW3 but then along comes "Mr. Global Charisma Peace-Making Politician" who negotiates peace in the Middle East (which is where WW3 will erupt), and at that time is when the world will be shouting "Peace and Security."

"Through cunning he shall cause deceit to prosper under his rule; and he shall exalt himself in his heart, AND BY PEACE HE SHALL DESTROY MANY.” (Daniel 8:23-25)

β€œIn his place shall arise a vile person . . . HE SHALL COME IN PEACEABLY, and seize the kingdom by intrigue . . . The prince of the covenant . . . after the league [covenant] is made with him he shall act deceitfully . . . HE SHALL ENTER PEACEABLY, even into the richest places . . .” (Daniel 11:21, 22b, 23a, 24a)

Mr. Global Charisma Peace-Making Politician will negotiate the peace agreement between Israel and the Arab nations, bringing an end to WW3, and, as I already said, the world will be shouting, PEACE & SECURITY!

/ag

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Welcome and congratulations for escaping mtsgrad.

The Communistic King of the North will overrun the Anglo-American King of the South with at least a battle involving conventional weapons. Then the nations will cry 'Peace and Security!'.

See if I'm not wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit