200 Years?? Those who where at the meeting...

by OhHappyDay 9 Replies latest jw friends

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

...could You tell me again?
    How to understand the 200 years, what EXACTLY was said and in wich context?
    Anybody TAPED the speach?
    I am in Europe, so I had no ticket, but I need this Info while I'm helping my family. Please answer me urgently...
    Happy Day!!

• Englishman
    Englishman

200 years / What 200 years?

Whats this all about?

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

Bibelexaminer wrote a post about waiting 200 years for the New World, or something like that, after beeing in the meeting.

• Seeker
    Seeker

In that same thread I pointed out how everyone's comments were going to be misunderstood, and now it is happening. The notes that were posted had the speaker saying something like 200 years from now, when they were in paradise already, ... He did NOT say Armageddon is 200 years off. He did NOT give a specific date for Armageddon.

Consider it this way: According to JWs, in 200 years they will be in paradise. They also think in 300 years they will be in paradise. And in 400 years they will be in paradise, etc.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Personally, I think they're already starting the damage control campaign for when the year 2014 arrives and nothing has happened yet.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Seeker:

G'day mate.

He did NOT say Armageddon is 200 years off.
    That's fair enough, but why use the figure 200? He could just have easily said "In 100 years, when we will be in paradise..." or even 50 years. What led him to use the number 200? "Erring on the side of mercy", perhaps?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• Seeker
    Seeker

Ozzie,

Ya got me on that one. I would have to know the context, and I wasn't there. Maybe someone who was there could respond as to the context.

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

It's sounds like "buying time" to me. But, it's not in print, so, anything could happen. But 200 years gives a lot of cushion for them. By then, they will be so mainstreamed, they will not be recognizable from the fanatics they are today. Either that, or they will be non-existant period.
    Bridgette

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

Bibleexaminar was there....anybody knows his personal e-mail??

• Moxy
    Moxy

just an arbitrarily large number. but it is intersting i spose that in previous years, an arbitrarily large number might have been 20 or 50.

i wouldnt make too much of this comment either. was just off-the-cuff. our speakers made no such comments.

mox

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit