Any Diabetics here...

by zeroday 14 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Im not. I hope I never am. It killed my old man.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Cutting the carbs is hard for be because everything I like to eat is chock full of carbs.

Grammy, I've had great success switching to high-fiber carbs. I feel much better when I do. Often with our meat portion, I will simply make a large tossed salad.
    • Sometimes it is easier than abstaining to not deprive ourselves, but switch out our old favorites with healthier choices. [Edited to add:] I also have learned to cut the portion size of the foods I love. I don't deprive myself completely (which can lead to binge eating), but eat only what I need to satisfy my craving.
    • Timing, also, is everything. If I've just eaten, I pass by the candy dish. If it is two hours afterwards, though, I will pick up a small snack. I'm listening to my body, and it thanks me for it.
    • After much testing, I've concluded that TWO pieces of pizza are just fine, but THREE mean a night of misery.
    • I love chocolate. But, now, one small piece of divine chocolate is far more satisfying to me than three O Henry's. For decadence, my tastes have become more refined. That also makes it easier for me to pass up on a temporary temptation.
    • At dessert time, dad grumbles how bad the apple pie is for us, and pulls out an apple.
  • mouthy
    mouthy

Yes I am takes
    Avandia,500 mg Metformin twice daily,glyburide.......Alan died from a heart attack but was a Brittle Diabetic----& was about to have his leg off.with gangrene. But he NEVER watched what he ate or drank

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

Several years ago I diagosed as have Poly-cyctic ovarian syndrome. which can turn into type 2 diabetes. My body does not know what to with the natural insulin found on our bodies. And with me eating more sugar on top of that it was turning straight to fat. With that said the dr's have put me 1000mg of metafomin twice a day. Sometimes it will interact with stomach and sometimes not. But I have switch to higher fiber breads and whole grains. And instead of eating that one candy bar that I love so much i go for a handfull of grapes or berries. it is all about control. And with being said I have lost over thirty pounds since Valentine's day.

Amanda

• jgnat
    jgnat

Congratulations, Amanda!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit