So........

by RichieRich 10 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

So I work at a bar. I'm a bouncer.

A floor guy to be specific. (In any bar, there's people assigned to the door, and people assigned to the floor- newbies get to stand in the rain and look at IDs while floor guys maintain order inside the joint).

Anyhow, I had kicked some guy out of the bar last week. No big deal. He was getting to loud to keep being served, so we let him finish his last round, and I walked him to the door.

So tonight, I'm standing with my back to the bar (my mistake) talking to a lovely young lady.

Someone pokes me real hard in the back of the neck.

I turn around, and I get punched in the mouth.

Of course, I moved to restrain the guy, and kept struggling and banging his head on the ground.

After the police and the ambulance left, I was left standing there holding a napkin up to my lip, and wondering where I went wrong in life.

Am I a self fulfilling prophecy?

Is this Jehovah's way of showing me my errors in life?

Then I realized, nope. I'd gladly take another couple of blows to the face to still not have to go to the Watchtower study in the mornning.

I don't know why I'm posting this, I'm just glad to be alive and free of cult mind control I guess.

Oh well, at least I got off early.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

At least that I am glad someone did not stab your heart! I know one disfellowshipped guy was flirting with a lovely lady and her boyfriend stabbed his heart, He was in ICU for a while, but managed to survive the incident. Did he learned his lesson? You bet!

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Is this Jehovah's way of showing me my errors in life?

Jeremiah 1:9:

"At that Jehovah thrust his hand out and caused it to touch my mouth"

I don't know Richie Rich. You might want to consider attending the Watchtower study tommorow.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Sorry about your lip. But are your beautiful teeth ok???

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

AWESOME scripture.

My grill is just fine, yo.

• penny2
    penny2

Richie, glad you're OK. I have a sneaking suspicion that anyone who messes with you comes off second best. Do be careful though. You don't want to get into a situation where you have to be looking over your shoulder all the time.

• Sheri
    Sheri

RichieRich,

This comes to you as a "Mom" I would suggest that you put yourself in a better environment. I know I have been there many years ago owned a nightclub and know what it is like and the crazy life people live. No it is not Jehovah causing this, it is where we put ourselves, and you are worth more than a slug in the mouth.

I have read your posts over the year or so and I know you have what it takes to do more with your life, go for it!!!!! Don't settle on a life where people who are under whatever substance take it out on you, you deserve more so dont put yourself to take their @#1% go to a higher level of life.

Love & Peace,

Sheri

• troucul
    troucul

assuming your outside of Ft. Bragg, you should be getting more of those idiots shortly before they deploy. Assholes out to have a good time before they go to the 'sandbox'. Good luck.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    This comes to you as a "Mom" I would suggest that you put yourself in a better environment. I know I have been there many years ago owned a nightclub and know what it is like and the crazy life people live. No it is not Jehovah causing this, it is where we put ourselves, and you are worth more than a slug in the mouth.

I appreciate your concern. This was an isolated incident, its not something that happens at all that often. Working security in a bar til last call on Friday and Saturday nights isn't supposed to be a desk job. I do it because I enjoy it, so I can't really complain.

assuming your outside of Ft. Bragg, you should be getting more of those idiots shortly before they deploy. Assholes out to have a good time before they go to the 'sandbox'. Good luck.

I'm an hour north of Bragg, so I don't get too many grunts up here starting mess, luckily. Ever notice how the bouncers in Army towns are always ex-Marines?

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Hey Richie, I feel for ya.

I spent 20 years as a LEO, and spent a lot of time in biker controlled strip bars. Been there, done that.

A little pice of advice. Always turn the opposite way from the tap or poke. It gives you a second to see where he is coming from.

Glad your ok, and even happier you bounced his melon off the floor a few times.

Stealth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit