I Graduated Today!

by EnlightenedMind 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Congratulations!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Congratulations for accomplishing so much by succeeding in getting a law degree something the dubs do not advise.

As far as I know they never had a policy of DFing anyone for going to university or taking any kind of action against them though they strongly discouraged it. I and several other dubs went to university in the1980's and no one said anything negative about it. Except for one who was a young anointed and everyone was saying, why does he do that if he has a heavenly hope and the end will come so soon.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Congratulations!!!

Maybe you could tell your sister you thought alot about her card, and have decided to come back to the congregation and be a lawyer for the WTS. Then show her some of the clippings about the recent child abuse cases. The WTS certainly needs lots of lawyers.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    "Congratulations on your graduation! Best wishes on your future. You should be proud of your accomplishments. However, none of this would be possible without our loving creator, Jehovah - for he gave us life. Remember Jehovah ." (Emphasis hers, not mine.)

First of all, EM, congratulations.

Second of all, according to God's Org., no one is allowed to get, or even DESIRE a higher education. You need to report your sister for holding a position contrary to that Org., which will lead to her immediate disfellowshipping for......................APOSTACY.

Warlock

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

I just wanted to add my small voice...

Congratulations!!!

• frozen one
    frozen one

Good job! I really enjoy hearing about people earning degrees. Right after high school a co told me that I would not be able to finish a degree before armygeddon. Twenty one years later I graduated with a Bachelor's. Another failed prophecy. Maybe your sister told you to remember jehovah as a way to entice you to move to Brooklyn. I hear they need lots of lawyers out there.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

That is wonderful news, you should be very proud of your accomplishment. Good Luck in the bar.

Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit