Spirits of the Dead - love this brochure

by moomanchu 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

This is a fun brochure to read after you have been out for awhile makes you realize how crazy it all was.

I listed some good quotes, there's more.

Spirits Have No tLived and Died on Earth (cept those bad angels before the flood)

Spirits exist! Within the invisible spirit realm, there are both good and bad spirits. Are they persons who have lived and died on earth?No, they are not. When a person dies, he or she does not pass on to the spirit world, as many people think. How do we know this? Because the Bible says so. ( how are we gonna get the 144,000)

If you read the Bible from cover to cover, you will never find the phrase "immortal soul." The human soul is not a spirit. The teaching of the immortal soul is not a Bible teaching. It is a teaching of Satan and his demons. Jehovah hates all religious lies.—Proverbs 6:16-19; 1 Timothy 4:1, 2.( Jehovah loves new light though)

Just as a spiderweb holds fast a fly, millions of people are held fast by superstition and falsehood. They fear the dead. They fear the demons. They worry about curses, omens, charms, and fetishes. They are bound by beliefs and traditions based on the lies of Satan the Devil. God’s servants are ensnared by none of these things.( umm yeah whatever)

Today, Satan and the demons are as murderous as ever. In fact, their evil activity has increased since they were thrown out of heaven. Reports from around the world testify to their cruelty. They plague some people with illness. Others they harass at night, depriving them of sleep or giving them terrible dreams. Others they abuse sexually. Still others they drive to insanity, murder, or suicide

Lintina, who lives in Suriname, relates that a demon, or bad spirit, killed 16 members of her family and tormented her physically and mentally for 18 years. From firsthand experience she states that the demons "enjoy torturing their unwilling victims until death."

( I'm scared now ,what to do, what to do ,what to do)

But Jehovah is able to protect his servants from Satan’s attacks.—Proverbs 18:10

If you want to please God, it is not enough merely to abandon false worship and to stop doing bad things. You must actively practice pure worship. The Bible shows what is required:

Associate With Jehovah’s Witnesses

This brochure was geared toward African people so it was really simplified.

Funny thing though the more you try to simplify the JW beliefs the more twisted they become.

• Adolfius
    Adolfius

It's pretty sick that the WTS is now switching focus on the third world such as Africa with brochures llike this one.

They know that continent and other countries like it are steeped in superstition, and they're using it to exploit them. The education level in those parts of the world are almost non existent, so the people are far more open to interpret things in a more supernatural way, and are also way more open to suggestion.

The WTS has realised that as the western world becomes more educated and secular, that people aren't going to buy into this crap and fear quite so easily, so now they're targeting more vulnerable people.

It reminds me of the tobacco companies who are switching their attention in exactly the same direction. Avoid the educated and trap those who don't know any better.

You're right though about the more basic they make it the more crazy they sound

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Scared of demons? They are claiming that Jehovah's people do not fear the demons. And yet they are not supposed to shop at yard sales because demons are in the articles. They are afraid to watch a fire because the demons are there. They are afraid to have a Ouija board or watch a program with magic or witchcraft because of demons. They are afraid of the Smurfs because of the demons. They are afraid to displease Jehovah (and that means they have to do ever more service to Him) because of the demons.

As for me, I am not afraid of the demons. Many of the phenomena are explained by the right-brain. This is the source of all dreams (and, if you use the Ouija board, any messages it gives you come from here too). The right brain stores all the memories and then integrates them without conscious thought. If all you get are terrible things (like those pictures of billions of innocent people getting destroyed at Armageddon for not screeching around in service all the time, or programmed fear of demons), the right brain is going to produce your nightmares and make you afraid to sleep.

No, the Watchtower doesn't have the standard superstitions about the walking under the ladder or crossing the path of a black cat. They have even worse superstitions. And they program the members to think the demons are attacking them when it is in fact a right-brain flashback or even thermal expansion of something making creaking noises or causing a lid to pop off. As for me, I have never had a demon attack me, no matter how many demonic songs I play. And no, I never had a demon possess my Ouija board.

• Watkins
    Watkins

Is that a really old one, Moo? Unlike the full-color, full-size brochures of today, it's smaller and printed in 2-colors if I remember right - maybe from the 70's. I'm also thinking it said something about spirits not inhabiting inanimate objects. I had this brochure in the back of my mind when I wrote the Tupperware thread.

Oh yeah - tasty spiritual food uh-huh. One minor little LIE in there though - spirits aren't allowed to kill. Satan was not allowed to take Job's life. Afflict him, yes - outright kill him, no.

The WT sucks so much it should be by itself in a vacuum. Oh right - it is!

~Watkins~

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

watkins,

It's a full size brochure copyright 1991.

Although Jehovah didn't allow Satan to kill Job, he apparently didn't care if he wacked his wife and kids.

I didn't notice the inanimate object thing.

"You will remember that the dead are lifeless, nonexistent. Jesus compared death to sleep-a deep sleep without dreams."except for the 144,00 riiiiiiight

The funny thing about this brochure is it tries to convince africans to not be afraid of people who died, to not pray to them, to not worry about them, to not try to appease them.

It does this by quotes like above, it says absolutely nothing about the 144,000 spirits in heaven right now. I guess this would totally confuse them.

"Unlike Satan and the demons, Jehovah never lies. Everything he promises must come true. (Luke 1:36, 37) Jehovah loves you and wants you to live in the Paradise that he will make. So contact Jehovah’s Witnesses to learn more about the marvelous truths found in God’s Word. If you apply the truth in your life, you will be set free from bondage to falsehood, superstition, and ignorance. In time, you will even be released from bondage to sin and death. As Jesus said: "You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."-John 8:32."

"Their work is to help others serve God. They will study the Bible with you in your home, helping you learn how to worship Jehovah in the right way. You do not have to pay for this. (for some reason I love this line)The Witnesses are happy to teach the truth because they love people and they love Jehovah God."

moo

The watchtower is a Dyson on steroids.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Just as a spiderweb holds fast a fly, millions of people are held fast by superstition and falsehood. They fear the dead. They fear the demons. They worry about curses, omens, charms, and fetishes. They are bound by beliefs and traditions based on the lies of Satan the Devil. God’s servants are ensnared by none of these things.

Bound by Watchtower articles and urban legends, JW's are nearly superstition-free except for christmas crackers, smurfs, easter eggs, ouija boards and items from garage sales.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Yeah right. JDubs don't fear demons and such. They just fear words like "apostate" and "disfellowship" or how about "disassociate" See how they run when someone just mentioned such things. They've replaced one for the other.

• poppers
    poppers

"Lintina, who lives in Suriname, relates that a demon, or bad spirit, killed 16 members of her family and tormented her physically and mentally for 18 years. From firsthand experience she states that the demons "enjoy torturing their unwilling victims until death."........... Well, if Lintina says it's so then surely it must be true. Sheesh! Does she have some proof to back up her claims?

• needproof
    needproof

Hey, any chance of a scan?

• VM44
    VM44

Spirits not inhabiting inanimate objects? Where was that written?

What about all the JWs who burned items they obtained from thrift or Salvation Army stores that they thought had demons attached?

Remember the stories where people tried to burn a demon possessed object, and it wouldn't catch on fire?

Talk about a superstitious people! The JWs are very much superstitious in their belief in a "Demon Haunted World"!

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit