What To Enjoy About Field Service?

by WTWizard 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Mayor of Turiwhate
    The Mayor of Turiwhate

Nothing :
    - Except perhaps when it was over with for the day!

The Mayor.

• Kudra
    Kudra

It was only lame when i was freaked out that I was in the neighborhood of someone I went to school with. Or if it was really hot and we were in some concrete wasteland doing d2d in apt complexes.

Other than that I loved going out in rural territory! We'd drive forever with a bunch of close friends through beautiful scenery and no one would ever be home. It was miles between houses which was cool.

Also we'd stop all the time and go on little hikes or just goof off, rolling boulders down embankments. Good times!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

NOTHING

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I never liked FS. The cong I was in up to about 16 was pretty much all rural - there were no coffee shops out in farm country to stop for a break, just lots of driving, lots of dogs, and the odd farmer with a shotgun. After that we moved into a city and there was finally somewhere to go for a coffee break! But I always hated the looks you'd get - a little over dressed for the coffee shop. We'd practice our "pioneer walk" - see how slow we could walk from door to door - people must have really wondered about us!! lol

All I can say is I'm glad I never have to do that again!

BB

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I liked pioneering when I was young man cause I hated this system and hated working in it so it was better than that. I enjoyed the camaraderie and the prestige of pioneering. And the coffee breaks and lunch-breaks were good fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit